Thread: Indoor A/C Enclosure Installation Options for a Condo

Post Likes

Indoor A/C Enclosure Installation Options for a Condo

I've purchased a condo which doesn't have central air and would like to have it installed. Problem is the HOA probably won't allow an A/C compressor outside the unit. They may not allow a PTAC either as it would modify the exterior of the building. I have a portable which is fine for one room, but I want to switch to zone a/c if possible.

Is there a way to install the traditional outside condenser inside the unit somehow? Is there a product out there that fits this need?

This would be for an installation in Seattle, WA.

Post Likes
    if the condos supply the water you could do a pump and dump geo thermal

Post Likes
    That's interesting. Water is included in the HOA dues. Since the unit is on the 6th floor how would this work? Connect the cold water line to the geothermal pump and stick the outgoing (loop?) down the drain? The laundry room is where I would want to install.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fienx001 View Post
    That's interesting. Water is included in the HOA dues. Since the unit is on the 6th floor how would this work? Connect the cold water line to the geothermal pump and stick the outgoing (loop?) down the drain? The laundry room is where I would want to install.
    Better talk to your HOA first, before you pay out a lot of money and end up with an expesive conversation piece.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in