Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    LEDs are quickly becoming the way to go as color properties have improved dramatically and cost are rapidly declining. If you are considering installing dimming flourescent I have one recommendation - don't! Over thirty years in the business and flourescent dimming has been and still is a big problem and a headache. LED light sources approved for dimming are the way to go. We are using LED fixtures for interior and exterior lighting applications with much success. Yes, they cost a little more depending on the type and quality but the life is much greater, control is much easier and the energy usage is much, much lower.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AwareS
    From the monetary perspective, fluorescent tube is cheaper; however, it has some drawbacks such as long activation time and brightness decline within a short period of time. And hence, I replace the fluorescent with LED by having the brief conversion calculation on power.
    I agree with you that LED comes with brighter illumination, but most importantly, it uses lesser power!

3. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Since my last post, we've begun installing several of these units, with very little problem, at a reasonable cost, & the Customers being very satisfied.

Post Likes
    Ive been switching over fixtures to direct wire 4ft T8 bulbs. So far out of the 200 bulbs Ive had one failure. The price on led fixtures is falling so fast its ridiculous. I had planned on replacing bulbs in some recessed cfl fixtures with LED bulbs, but now the price of replacement fixtures has dropped below the cost of the bulbs. The cost of the bulbs was already below the cost of two cfls and a ballast. Plans also include 30 400 watt parking lot lights.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billi1905 View Post
    I’ve been switching over fixtures to direct wire 4ft T8 bulbs. So far out of the 200 bulbs I’ve had one failure. The price on led fixtures is falling so fast it’s ridiculous. I had planned on replacing bulbs in some recessed cfl fixtures with LED bulbs, but now the price of replacement fixtures has dropped below the cost of the bulbs. The cost of the bulbs was already below the cost of two cfls and a ballast. Plans also include 30 400 watt parking lot lights.
    I'm wondering what Affect the "Tariffs" will have on Availability & Pricing Billi?
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your Gods law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, I wasnt sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

7. Likes billi1905 liked this post
    Post Likes
    We had office workers complaining about the LEDs being too bright. It would have cost a small fortune to put the light switches in with the 0 to 10 dimmer and new wiring in the walls. Electricians put prewired ambient light switches in the ceiling aimed at the windows, and set the light high limit. This saved even more on lighting.
    Retired, after 43 Years

9. Likes billi1905 liked this post
    Post Likes
    I've installed hundreds of the direct wire 4' T8 LED's and they are quick to install, run very cool, as in reducing building loads, and have gotten several nice rebates from the power company to do so.

One thing not often mentioned is the power saved by reducing the A/C loads. It is big. Also replacement costs.. Fluorescent bulbs last about a year in 24/7 service. Cuts man hours in maintenance. 5 year warranty too.

11. Likes billi1905 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Anyone have thoughts on recessed LED retrofits. Ive got over 100 tecessed CFL fixtures which are now 15 years old and ballasts are beginning to fail. Ive seen some plug in LEDs ($15 ea x2 per fixture) , (I prefer ballast bypass) and there are several types of Recessed LED fixtures with a very wide range of costs. ($30-$150) Of course its 277 which makes everything harder and more expensive. The one Im looking st right now is a lithonia fixture that just pops in the hole. Its just barely recessed and has a translucent cover unlike the open fixtures we have now. Any thoughts?

Post Likes
    Shallow recessed retrofit LED have a glare issue. Have tried a bunch, but I did find one that is dedicated LED trim for a LED "old work" can that works well for me. Deep recess on lamp. Black ribbed trim. Disappears on a huge ceiling, yet does a better job of illuminating the floor evenly. Something the CFL's do not do well. We are in the process of replacing all of the CFL's with these. Ours are 120VAC, but I believe that they are multi-volt.

14. Likes billi1905 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Madera View Post
    I've installed hundreds of the direct wire 4' T8 LED's and they are quick to install
    Do you bypass the original Ballast , and direct wire them to 120v ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12