Post Likes
    Have a fault code on the Heatpump-72 Thermal cutout in High stage. What would cause this? Over charged, or Under charged.

Post Likes
    If I had to choose between the two, it would be undercharged but there are plenty of other, just as likley reasons.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    What's the model and serial of the outdoor unit??

Post Likes
    Model 25HNA636A0030020

[Edited by ijustneedair on 09-20-2006 at 07:27 PM]

Post Likes
    Did you find a solution or an answer to this? I have the exact same unit and the exact same problem.

Post Likes
    It is very important to have the installing contractor come out and check the capacitors and starting componants.

Also have them check the rectifier connections.

Post Likes
    I have the same heat pump (5 ton version) and have gotten a similar fault 4 times in the one month that it has been installed. See this thread...

http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthr...hreadid=120894

My contractor came out to look at it and was clueless. He wants Carrier to look at it. I have been waiting for several weeks for Carrier to come out.

Post Likes
    My problems with these thermal cutouts are both in the low and high stages and are becoming more frequent with many events in the same day. Last night I had 8 in a row in the low stage, and then compressor refused to work at all after that. This morning I turned evrything back on and was able to get the compressor to start without an error.

The other day my 10kw electric heater failed with an error that told me that the heater size was invalid. There were 6 events of this. That was on top of 3 events of the temp sensor in the heat pump being out of range. My EAC is now popping and crackling, which it did not used to do. It appears to also be giving off way too much Ozone. I had to stop using it because it was giving my family sore throats, lung issues, and nose bleeds.

I really need some pointers here, guys. This is truly depressing.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by biggerbyte
    My problems with these thermal cutouts are both in the low and high stages and are becoming more frequent with many events in the same day. Last night I had 8 in a row in the low stage, and then compressor refused to work at all after that. This morning I turned evrything back on and was able to get the compressor to start without an error.

The other day my 10kw electric heater failed with an error that told me that the heater size was invalid. There were 6 events of this. That was on top of 3 events of the temp sensor in the heat pump being out of range. My EAC is now popping and crackling, which it did not used to do. It appears to also be giving off way too much Ozone. I had to stop using it because it was giving my family sore throats, lung issues, and nose bleeds.

What does your contractor say? Is it to the point where it will not hold your temp setpoint?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by eberrong
    Originally posted by biggerbyte

What does your contractor say? Is it to the point where it will not hold your temp setpoint?

The installer was out today. They think that the circuit board is bad. Makes sense with everything happening. I think they are going to find more once they get things back to at least where it can be turned on. With the compressor having all of these thermal cutouts over the past few months, I'm sure it is somewhat screwed as well.

What burns me up is I told them weeks ago that something was wrong. The installer told me the thermal cutout errors were false positives. It is insane the B.S. I have gone through. If I had this to do over again I'd be riding a trane right now. I'm going to have to sleep in the heat tonight because they could not get a circuit board replacement today. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a different story. If not, I'll be sitting in the cold as there is a BIG cold front coming this way.