Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    Why isn't a required SC value given for the 3.5 ton on the PDF?
    It has a chart on the side of the unit and in the installers guide.
    "Christ is the Son of God Who died for the redemption of sinners and was resurrected after three days. This is the greatest truth in the universe. I die because of my belief in Christ."
    Watchman Nee

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    It has a chart on the side of the unit and in the installers guide.
    Well, it looks like you got a few things to check. Before you condemn the TXV for overfeeding.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    Well, it looks like you got a few things to check. Before you condemn the TXV for overfeeding.
    TXV bulb on this unit is next to the compressor, and it wasn't wrapped. I insulated it and the superheat and subcooling came inline with what they are supposed to be. With the extended time in the outdoor coil due to proper subcooling the refrigerant in the evap coil started doing it's thing.

When the coil temp dropped the air temp dropped as well. 56 degrees. I checked the return and it was 65. So I crawled into the return duct and this is what I found............

it is a rooftop plenum so the sa and ra can switch directions

So I ripped the side apart and fixed it.

Multiple problems on a unit can be hard to figure out when it is 110* on a roof.

I had low super heat, low sub-cooling, low temp split, high liquid pressure and it all fell into place when the evap coil stabilized with the correct superheat.
    "Christ is the Son of God Who died for the redemption of sinners and was resurrected after three days. This is the greatest truth in the universe. I die because of my belief in Christ."
    Watchman Nee

Post Likes
    So they crossed over the duct? And the supply was being dumped into the return? They should of installed a Heil!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12