Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18212223242526272829 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Tesla says it will announce details on their pickup truck sometime this month
    Eric

Post Likes
    I saw something on one of the US TV morning news programs about the US govt investigating Tesla over their cars catching fire with no warning. I wonder if that is going to have some impact on sales?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mbhydro View Post
    I saw something on one of the US TV morning news programs about the US govt investigating Tesla over their cars catching fire with no warning. I wonder if that is going to have some impact on sales?
    apparently, not at all. Tesla stock is soaring. On the 24th (TSLA) was trading at $254.58, they announced their earnings and the stock went up to $297.40, it increased $42, in about 5 minutes

By the 28th, TSLA stock went up another $36, to $333, it retreated to $313 on Friday.

It seems investors are not all that concerned with spontaneous combustion
    PANIC
    Rarely works

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ESokoloff View Post
    Saw a You Tube video on the new electric Ford pickup. Pretty impressive.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

Post Likes
    Meh. Batteries do that these days . . .

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    "Tesla vehicles achieved the lowest probability of injury of any vehicles ever tested by U.S. government [NCAP] safety rating program,"

Based on U.S. statistics from the National Fire Protection Association, Musk's claims that a fire was five times more likely in a gasoline car than in a Tesla car. Can't verify this but it wouldn't surprise me.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ESokoloff View Post
    Been waiting on this since the summer!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue103 View Post
    Been waiting on this since the summer!
    It's release will be on the 21st but you Might have to wait a bit longer for an Electric Truck that you'll Want......
    Elon has already promised that it will be a VERY polarizing futuristic offering that will not be excepted by all.

Me?......
    I'm the original owner of a 2001 Chevy Avalanche so I MIGHT be Ok with his pickup truck.
    If not, Ford is rumored to be offering a Hybred F-150 next year and an all electric within two years.

Here's a good video on this upcoming model.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X6AyTUjB9rg&t=618s
    Eric

Post Likes
    I had a old 401k that got thrown into a IRA savings account. Didn't do anything with it for years. I put it all in Tesla stock. They are debuting there pickup on Nov 21. I'm sure it will rally again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Meh. Batteries do that these days . . .
    A giant array of thousands of single cell batteries..what could go wrong with a single cell vape battery.. multiplied by thousands.

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Guess you better be smart on your approach........
    http://large.stanford.edu/publicatio...docs/tesla.pdf
    NOTE: This is about the original Roadster & about 12 years old but if anything, Tesla’s battery’s are even safer now. (Present batteries are 2170).

Post Likes
    The ‘Tesla Effect’ is wrecking Europe’s luxury brands in the 2nd-hand market
    There was once a time when plush leather seats, chrome-trimmed knobs, metal buttons, and a loud, grumbling engine were the hallmarks of a luxury vehicle. That was the status quo for a very long time, but with the emergence of Tesla and its tech-focused approach to cars, these age-old definitions of luxury in the automotive industry are getting disrupted.

In a recent article, American bank holding firm Capital One opted to examine a phenomenon in the second-hand luxury car segment that it dubs as “The Tesla Effect.” According to the financial firm, the influx of sales generated by Tesla consumers’ reaction to the brand amid the release of more attainable vehicles like the Model 3 has pretty much wrecked the pre-owned luxury segment. And the biggest victims of the Silicon Valley-based electric car maker are some of Europe’s strongest brands.

A key vehicle in this transition is the Tesla Model 3, which went from zero to 140,000 units sold faster than any other luxury car before. The market’s interest with the electric sedan has been consistent, to the point where it is now a driving force in the US’ used luxury car segment. As more and more luxury car owners trade in their vehicle for a Tesla, traditional high-end brands like BMW and Mercedes-Benz are getting the short end of the stick.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-effe...ry-car-market/

How The ‘Tesla Effect’ Is Crushing Used Luxury Car Values
    A recent article posted on the Capitol One auto financing website suggests that skyrocketing sales of the Tesla Model 3 – which currently outsells all other electric cars combined – is adversely affecting the resale values of European-brand luxury cars. The trend has been dubbed the “Tesla Effect.”

That’s good news if you’re in the market for a pre-owned Audi, BMW, or Mercedes-Benz, but it’s a definite disadvantage to those trading one in or planning to lease a new model.

The issue here, according to the post, is that a larger-than-average percentage of the brand’s buyers are swapping European luxury cars for Teslas. An estimated 22.2 percent of Tesla customers are trading in European-branded cars versus the industry average of 10.9 percent.

The automaker reportedly delivered an estimated 97,000 vehicles to customers in the third quarter this year, with 79,600 of them being Model 3s. Doing the math, that’s more than 21,500 used European luxury cars passing through Tesla dealerships (and likely passing through auto auctions) over a three-month period. And that’s on top of the already high number of late model off-lease high-end models that are hitting the market these days, with demand unable to keep pace.

https://www.electricgt.com/tesla-eff...ed-car-values/
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Post Likes
    I love to have one of those.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18212223242526272829 LastLast