+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Titus VRV Which Thermostat?

Post Likes

Titus VRV Which Thermostat?

We are just finishing up a TI job and the lead was asking me which thermostat would work with this unit. Here's the diagram from the door

Thanks fellers
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

Post Likes
    KMC is the manufacturer of the stat ( and controller ).

http://www.kmccontrols.com/products/...artid=CTE-5103

Post Likes

FPB without fan control...

make sure you wire up the fan relay somehow. Titus aren't showing that. the fan will run 24/7 on this if it's just line voltage. typically you only want to run the fan when the AHU is running or during a night heat load. without the control the fan run hours will be 3 times what they would be without. across an entire facility that's huge.

I'm of course saying that because the drawing is titled "Series Fan Powered Cooling w/ Electric Heat". I'm assuming that's actually what you have...

Post Likes
    Thanks guys, are there any other stats that would work with this relic?

-Alfred E Newman

Post Likes
    Nice. Didn't notice the date on the drawing. The interface between the VAV controller and the wall sensor looks non standard. If you can't find the stat you could just replace the VAV controller with something new. Shouldn't your Titus rep help you out here? I'd like to know if they're not standing behind their old stuff.

Post Likes
    Called the Titus engineer and he gave me a part number and also a way to have a remote sensor. I was hoping there was something that would work for this thing off the shelf. Thanks for the input

-Alfred E Newman

Post Likes
    Yeah. Sorry about that.

I think a lot of older VAV box controllers have proprietary interfaces with the stuff that goes on the wall. Basically any analog electric VAV controller will be non-standard in some way. That 16 VDC power supply out to something on the wall is definitely non-standard. A new DDC VAV controller would probably have 24 VAC and communication (whatever language it's speaking) to the stuff on the wall or 24 VAC and AIs for set point adjust and space temp and maybe a BI from a configurable momentary switch on the wall sensor. The controller at the box then decides what to do with all that information. That would have been the only "off the shelf" way of dealing with this since you'd be able to get a new VAV controller and wall control "off the shelf".

Hope it works out ok and doesn't cost you too much money.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in