Post Likes

MAE5510 Capacity

I have a customer with several NAEs on site with an ADX Server. We add to the N2 bus in many different areas of the facility. I have read that as a rule of thumb that the max number of controllers for the NAE55 is about 100 devices per N2 Bus. Is that a realistic number? Can the NAE55 actually hold a total of about 200 devices, utilizing both N2 Buses? We have one NAE up to around 92 devices and we need to add more. I was wondering if we can use the other trunk without loading down the NAE. There are mostly DX controllers and VMAs on the trunk. Not too much programming in the NAE, if any. Just there for point mapping. Thanks.

Post Likes
    Yup - 100 devices per trunk = 200. You can have more - just as long as the memory in the NAE is below 50%. 100 on both trunks are what they suggest to keep the NAE from crashing.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the information. I wanted to make sure that it will work in the real world. Don't wanna crash the NAE.

Post Likes
    I know of places that have more then 100 N2 devices on a trunk. If you are not doing a lot of LCT then you wont have a lot of issues. Use interlocks and Multi commands instead of LCT process's if possible and that will not use as much memory.
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    That is the rule of thumb-but beware the old school VMAs (1420), if use a bunch of those on one trunk >35ish you will need to change the COVs for your AIs to 0.5.