Thread: Heater won't turn on occasionally

Post Likes

Heater won't turn on occasionally

My thermostat is set to have our HVAC off overnight. Occasionally when the HVAC first turns on in the morning, it won't complete the sequence to turn the unit completely on.
    Normally when the unit turns on there will be a steady hum for 15 seconds or so, then you can hear the burner ignite and shortly after that the fan will swithch on.
    When the unit is malfunctioning; the hum is louder than normal and sounds somewhat irratic and the unit will not complete the startup sequence. I cannot hear the burner ignite and the fan does not turn on. I have let the irratic humming continue for several minutes before turning off the unit just to see if it will eventually turn on but it does not.
    I switch it off for a hour or so then later turn it back on and all is well.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Post Likes
    Invest in having a service tech troubleshoot your furnace. It's the least costly way out.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by skippedover View Post
    Invest in having a service tech troubleshoot your furnace. It's the least costly way out.
    This. is. true.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by knave View Post
    This. is. true.
    Never give up; Never surrender!

Post Likes
    Ditto....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in