Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Trane package unit shuts off at night

Trane Model 2WCX3030A1000A, original call was wouldn't heat like it use to. Comp was tripping on high head psi in heat mode. Cleaned ID coil, brought head psi to 225 and the suction is 60. Customer called back the next day an said it shut off in the middle of the night around 3:30am an started back around 8:00am. I went back an pressures were the same, so I unplugged the outdoor ambient sensor even though it ohmed out where it should be to the ambient temp, thought it was worth a try. Customer called back next morning, same thing, shut off 3:45 an started back around 8:30. It runs perfect during the day in either mode, but shuts completely down at night, any suggestions?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman84 View Post
    Trane Model 2WCX3030A1000A, original call was wouldn't heat like it use to. Comp was tripping on high head psi in heat mode. Cleaned ID coil, brought head psi to 225 and the suction is 60. Customer called back the next day an said it shut off in the middle of the night around 3:30am an started back around 8:00am. I went back an pressures were the same, so I unplugged the outdoor ambient sensor even though it ohmed out where it should be to the ambient temp, thought it was worth a try. Customer called back next morning, same thing, shut off 3:45 an started back around 8:30. It runs perfect during the day in either mode, but shuts completely down at night, any suggestions?
    Have you checked the t stat to be sure that the program isn't set funky for that time? If it's happening at the same time each night, perhaps the program is set to drop the temp at that time of the night. Maybe he was using the hold function, but accidentally hit the run button or something. Or maybe when you cut power to the unit to work on it, it reset the stat and it reverted back to the factory program settings.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    what was the outdoor ambient when you had 225/60.....any idea what outdoor temp was. around 3:45 THAT MORNING??

Post Likes
    Its a Honeywell non-programmable t-stat. This has been going on since Friday an the times are close to the same when it shuts off but not the exact same. The ambient has been around 56 to 64 when it's running 225/60. The temp the past few nights have been around 28 to 34.

Post Likes
    For the temps the pressure seems a little low although that should not make it shut down . If the blower motor is crapping out after a long run time could going out on high pressure

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by suBcools View Post
    Have you checked the t stat to be sure that the program isn't set funky for that time? If it's happening at the same time each night, perhaps the program is set to drop the temp at that time of the night. Maybe he was using the hold function, but accidentally hit the run button or something. Or maybe when you cut power to the unit to work on it, it reset the stat and it reverted back to the factory program settings.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Just curious, but do you have a HTC evo 3d?

Post Likes
    Good ground?

Post Likes
    The ground is fine, that's what doesn't make any sense. It runs like perfect during the day but at night between 3 an 8 it shuts completely off.

Post Likes
    Sounds Like you need to install some tattle tales on some of those safeties

Post Likes
    Circuit board? I thought it really was going to be the ground. High limit switch? Try by passing

Post Likes
    Could it be going out on a low pressure switch in the middle of the night when its cold now that the indoor coil is clean which eliminated you having increased pressures due to bad airflow? Then in the morning when its warmed up some it will run again?

Post Likes
    Did forced defrost work?what is line temp.?

Post Likes
    mabe defrost doesn't stop, comp. does on high head.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast