Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 58
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    379
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by coilcleaner View Post
    OMG There are grey areas in life.

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    bedford ind
    Posts
    1,103
    Post Likes
    You guys live in a sad world! A company I used to work for (and was the best one in town at the time) had several vehicles,one without any i.d. on it .I got it.

    They didn't supply company jackets for the winter.. My partner and I were accused of looking like the uni-bomber in an unmarked van cruising the hoods!.

    We were in a house with a well to do lady for 20 minutes on a job, when she nervously asked me "who are you guys with again?" That was right after my partner started one of his"last time I was in prison stories". I thought dave had told her who we were when he knocked on the door. He didn't. She was a proud snob and was afraid to ask, but still he got us in. The guy was cruel- funny! I knew the lady, but she didn't know me.

    We had no i.d. Period.

    Dave had been in prison a couple of times for drunk driving. We had several guys like that. One guy was a hostile wreckless driver who had so many points he will probably never get his license back.

    So. central Indiana!

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    san pedro ca.
    Posts
    362
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    When people come on threads and make absurd comments, (like the police) I'm compelled to respond.....What can I tell ya?

    I'm not God's gift to the world.....not by a long shot. But, I'll not apologize for trying to bring intelligent conversation to a thread.
    No comment.......you are the winner.

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    bedford ind
    Posts
    1,103
    Post Likes
    Sad, isn't?! Go Hoosiers!

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    9,246
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post

    I'm not God's gift to the world.....not by a long shot.
    Tell me you're kidding.

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,380
    Post Likes
    I use to blame everyone else when I was younger. Then I got tired of all the mistakes I was making dragging me down and making me feel bad. That's when a boss took me to the side and told me I had to start taking responsibility for everything even the things that weren't my decision or action and I would have less complication, less stress, and be happier.

    Taking responsibility for the things that weren't my actions or decisions taught me how to think proactively and stay ahead of the game. I started seeing what could go wrong which allowed me to be prepared for worst case scenarios. Since I was ready, when they came it was no sweat off my back to rectify the problem.

    Less complication, less stress, happier me.

    That's my
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sherman, TX
    Posts
    9,441
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by XcelTech View Post
    I use to blame everyone else when I was younger. Then I got tired of all the mistakes I was making dragging me down and making me feel bad. That's when a boss took me to the side and told me I had to start taking responsibility for everything even the things that weren't my decision or action and I would have less complication, less stress, and be happier.

    Taking responsibility for the things that weren't my actions or decisions taught me how to think proactively and stay ahead of the game. I started seeing what could go wrong which allowed me to be prepared for worst case scenarios. Since I was ready, when they came it was no sweat off my back to rectify the problem.

    Less complication, less stress, happier me.

    That's my
    Great Advice !!
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    479
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ptemko View Post
    They don't know who was driving the truck just that the truck was in the intersection after the light turned red. The ticket will show up at work and will have to be paid. No points against anyone. I am speaking from experience
    Let me get this straight. You were IN the intersection? This is important because the way the vehicle code is written here, one does not "run a red light" unless their tires CROSS the "limit line" (be it a stopsign, crosswalk, or intersection boundary) AFTER the light is red.

    The infraction here is a "failure to obey a traffic control device" and does not (can not) occur UNLESS you ENTER the intersection on a red.

    If you're ALREADY IN an intersection and it turns red, you can legally clear it.

    Also, the vehicle codes states that, if gone to trial, the CITING OFFICER must be present in court. This reason, and this reason alone, are why these citations are easy to beat.

    The camera cannot show up to court, and unless the computer technician is a SWORN POLICE OFFICER, neither can he/she.

    These are a pain in the ass, but are easy to beat because they're fundamentally flawed.

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    479
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ptemko View Post
    Direct Energy has bought all the One Hour shops. They have a point system also. It will get to the point that techs will lose their jobs over points. If you get a ticket while driving your own personal vehicle you must tell boss within 3 days or end up with more points in the long run. Everyone is driving scared.
    My dad is a trucker. Has a great record, as wel as a clean license. HAD a clean license. He bought a BMW M3 for his 60th birthday and got a ticket in it.

    78 in a 65.

    Months later, he lost his job.

    The owner of the small company he worked for was devastated. He'd been there 20+ years and was an exemplary employee.

    One of the best this guy had.

    Anyway, the owner made it VERY CLEAR that it wasn't his choice.

    The insurance company wouldn't insure him anymore so he HAD to be let go.

    Also told my dad to come back in a year, when things cleared, and he'd have his job back.

    It's the insurance companies. Not the bosses.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    479
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mbhydro View Post
    Come here to Winnipeg, to save money only half of the intersection cameras are being used at any one time by the police. The strobes still fire off but no picture is taken.

    The contractor the police use to run the photo enforcement system rotates the cameras so you don't know which intersections are live from week to week.

    The contractor also have vehicles parked in school and playground zones, as well as around road construction sites to do photo speed enforcement.

    These cameras do work 24/7 and people get mad when they get a ticket for going through these areas late at night when there are no kids or workers around.

    Tickets get issued at 10 mph over the speed limit and start out at 177.50 (including victim impact and court fees). Each mile over the speed limit is a charge of $7.70.
    The key word here is "CONTRACTORS".

    Contractors are not POLICE OFFICERS so, technically cannot issue tickets.

    Atleast here in the states, ANYONE ISSUING A TICKET MUST BE A SWORN OFFICER.

    They try to get away with it down here, but bring this up and watch how fast any problems go away.

    If I see one of those cars at 10 at night, I will stop, back up, and zoom by at 100 MPH and then fight the ticket when it comes in, just to make a point.

    (Source: I am a reserve police officer and got a ticket in my PATROL CAR once on my way to an MVA call. They use OCR to match the face of the driver to his license photo, and issue a ticket. The chief actually had to call the contractor to order them to "make it go away" or he'd fire the company and let vandals tear down the cameras.)

    They're actually going to ban those here, within the next year or so.

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    7,303
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    You guys live in a sad world! A company I used to work for (and was the best one in town at the time) had several vehicles,one without any i.d. on it .I got it.

    They didn't supply company jackets for the winter.. My partner and I were accused of looking like the uni-bomber in an unmarked van cruising the hoods!.

    We were in a house with a well to do lady for 20 minutes on a job, when she nervously asked me "who are you guys with again?" That was right after my partner started one of his"last time I was in prison stories". I thought dave had told her who we were when he knocked on the door. He didn't. She was a proud snob and was afraid to ask, but still he got us in. The guy was cruel- funny! I knew the lady, but she didn't know me.

    We had no i.d. Period.

    Dave had been in prison a couple of times for drunk driving. We had several guys like that. One guy was a hostile wreckless driver who had so many points he will probably never get his license back.

    So. central Indiana!
    When the DC Sniper was running around town shooting folks from a thought to be all white van with no lettering, we had one van at the time with no markings at all. (just had not got there yet)

    Every time there was a shooting they stopped all the white vans in the area to inspect it and sometimes they were not to nice about it

    Well that poor bastard we had working for us was always in the wrong place at the wrong time and was thrown on the ground while they searched the van with guns drawn on him pretty much after every last shooting

    Your post reminded me of that and every time I remember it I LMAO, poor guy...

  12. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    264
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Balystic View Post
    Let me get this straight. You were IN the intersection? This is important because the way the vehicle code is written here, one does not "run a red light" unless their tires CROSS the "limit line" (be it a stopsign, crosswalk, or intersection boundary) AFTER the light is red.

    The infraction here is a "failure to obey a traffic control device" and does not (can not) occur UNLESS you ENTER the intersection on a red.

    If you're ALREADY IN an intersection and it turns red, you can legally clear it.

    Also, the vehicle codes states that, if gone to trial, the CITING OFFICER must be present in court. This reason, and this reason alone, are why these citations are easy to beat.

    The camera cannot show up to court, and unless the computer technician is a SWORN POLICE OFFICER, neither can he/she.

    These are a pain in the ass, but are easy to beat because they're fundamentally flawed.
    In Portland, Or if you proceed into an intersection on a green but cannot clear the cross walk on the other side, you are blocking the intersection and if the light turns red you ran a red light. You cannot block an intersection. They now have right turn cameras that if you roll through the turn without coming to a full stop, SMILE.

  13. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,820
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Balystic View Post
    Let me get this straight. You were IN the intersection? This is important because the way the vehicle code is written here, one does not "run a red light" unless their tires CROSS the "limit line" (be it a stopsign, crosswalk, or intersection boundary) AFTER the light is red.

    The infraction here is a "failure to obey a traffic control device" and does not (can not) occur UNLESS you ENTER the intersection on a red.

    If you're ALREADY IN an intersection and it turns red, you can legally clear it.

    Also, the vehicle codes states that, if gone to trial, the CITING OFFICER must be present in court. This reason, and this reason alone, are why these citations are easy to beat.

    .
    Not entirely true.

    I got ticketed for running a yellow light , never saw it turn red , and I was looking up through my sunroof just to see if it ever turned red.

    There were only 2 cars on the road , me and this car 1/8 mile behind me.

    Suddenly the car behind hit the gas and caught up !

    Blue lights come on.

    You gotta be kidding me.

    Cop says , why did you run that red light ? I said , it turned yellow just as my tires hit the white line , and never turned red the entire time i passed thru the intersection.

    Hes like , well i disagree.

    Went to court , I told the judge my side , then the cop said your honor it was Red.

    Im like , really ? You could clearly see where my car was from 1/8 mile away ?

    Hes like , I was right behind you.

    I looked at the judge and said , your honor he's telling a flat out lie sir.

    Son , you're Guilty. Pay your fine.

    I then called my step father whos a cop. He said its up to the officer whether you ran a light or not , no matter if its yellow or red.

    Thats messed up.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •