View Poll Results: Which brand(s) of ducted residential HVAC Equipment do you currently carry

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • American Standard

15 18.07%
  • Bryant

9 10.84%
  • Carrier

23 27.71%
  • Goodman/Amana

20 24.10%
  • ICP (Comfortmaker, Heil, Tempstar, Arcoaire)

13 15.66%
  • Lennox

19 22.89%
  • Nordyne (Maytag, Frigidaire, Tappan, Westinghouse)

10 12.05%
  • Rheem/Ruud

18 21.69%
  • Trane

22 26.51%
  • Whirlpool

1 1.20%
  • York

12 14.46%
  • Other

14 16.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Curiosity Question On Brands You Carry

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus819 View Post
    how come bryant is listing by it self from Carrer/Payne?
    Actually, Carrier and Bryant are listed and Payne isn't. Mostly because Payne is predominently found in the west. However if you are mostly a Payne dealer, then add that under "other."

Post Likes
    This is terrific stuff, guys. Great comments. Thanks for participating. I'm going to end this poll today, so if you still want to vote, do so before 2 PM Eastern.

Thanks for everyone's participation.

Mike

Post Likes
    NICE

Post Likes
    Trane and Goodman

Post Likes
    Mostly Icp for me!

Post Likes
    carrier,goodman

Post Likes
    american standard, bryant, and maytag here

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashg21230 View Post
    carrier,goodman
    thats a strange combination, do you get a good deal on goodman? Only reason I ask is because carrier tends to cut deals for their dealers to also carry payne as their economy line. I currently work for a Carrier dealer and we also carry Payne for our economy prices, used to work for a bryant dealer that carried payne as well. No offense, just curious.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by the editor View Post
    Actually, Carrier and Bryant are listed and Payne isn't. Mostly because Payne is predominently found in the west. However if you are mostly a Payne dealer, then add that under "other."
    I've seen alot of Payne in NJ, the homeowner warranty companies like AHS love to use payne as replacement equipment, my current company we're a Carrier/Payne and Triangle Tube dealer

Post Likes
    When I say carrier,I meant that to include Payne,we dealt more goodman in the past,but recently my boss has decided he's had to much trouble with goodman txv coils,so we have started using almost exclusively carrier/ Payne. With a goodman or a Raheem thrown in here and there

Post Likes
    a previous company i worked for sold some goodman units, for some reason we were always having problems with coils and compressors on their AC's and on blowers on their furnaces and most of them were only <4 years old too.

Post Likes
    Rheem Or their lower end unit.

Post Likes
    Trane mostly

Day & Night(ICP) on budget jobs

I personally hate goodman

Post Likes
    i question why american standard and trane are listed seperatly while goodman/amana and all of nordyne brands are grouped together. am. std. and trane have same model numbers theres no difference in brands at all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinAdv View Post
    Trane mostly

Day & Night(ICP) on budget jobs

I personally hate goodman
    So, with Goodman being the most installed residential brand, how do you react to when you are needed to service a Goodman system? Do you inform the consumer that you "hate" their units?
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nc comfort View Post
    i question why american standard and trane are listed seperatly while goodman/amana and all of nordyne brands are grouped together. am. std. and trane have same model numbers theres no difference in brands at all.
    It likely has to do with grouping stuff so there is a significant market share reflected in the pole.
    Nordyne has like 14 different brands, none of them have enough market share by themselves to be significant in the pole, but grouping them together shows how strong Nordyne is.

Also, you can't be both a Trane and an American Standard dealer, it is either one or the other.
    You can be a dealer for as many brands of Nordyne equipment as you care to do the paperwork at the supply houses that carry them.
    With Goodmana, signing up as a dealer for one automatically makes you a dealer for both.

Post Likes
    Personally I find goodman has a very nice furnace,except their flame sensor tends to need a to be cleaned every year.i had to clean one of their flame sensors twice this year.once on a pm and once 3 months later on a no heat.some years back before they bought Amanda they had quite a bit of problems with heat exchangers but they are good now. I also don't care for their txv's as they have to be adjusted on every new system,but they are easy to replace as they are externally mounted.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    So, with Goodman being the most installed residential brand, how do you react to when you are needed to service a Goodman system? Do you inform the consumer that you "hate" their units?
    He didn't say goodman equipment. He said goodman. Sounded personal. Maybe it's because goodman appears to have driven drunk, killed a guy and adopted his fiancee'.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    He didn't say goodman equipment. He said goodman. Sounded personal. Maybe it's because goodman appears to have driven drunk, killed a guy and adopted his fiancee'.
    Yea, it's kinda easy to not very much like John Goodman (not the actor) for the way he has been behaving lately. Of course, John Goodman (not the actor) has not had anything to do with Goodman HVAC equipment for a while now.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Yeah. Except.......spend the money!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in