View Poll Results: Which brand(s) of ducted residential HVAC Equipment do you currently carry

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • American Standard

15 18.07%
  • Bryant

9 10.84%
  • Carrier

23 27.71%
  • Goodman/Amana

20 24.10%
  • ICP (Comfortmaker, Heil, Tempstar, Arcoaire)

13 15.66%
  • Lennox

19 22.89%
  • Nordyne (Maytag, Frigidaire, Tappan, Westinghouse)

10 12.05%
  • Rheem/Ruud

18 21.69%
  • Trane

22 26.51%
  • Whirlpool

1 1.20%
  • York

12 14.46%
  • Other

14 16.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 161920212223242526
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lions_lair View Post
    I've had more trouble with Trane than Goodman, consistently, for several years. Systems we did and didn't install. We're giving Rheem another shot as of lately.
    I actually do not like Trane. I didn't like installing them. And don't like working on them.
    Try and get just about any warranty part for Trane.. "we can have that in 5 to 7 business days..LMAO. Tell that to your customer.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

I’ve ran into this problem with every brand that has let me do warranty claims on, with an exception from time to time when they have the compressor in stock. One year I had 5 out of 6 Goodman units go down with compressors on a church facility, they couldn’t get the original company to come back out, they said they were done with Goodman and to let someone else get taken by them on the warranty, so I stepped up, they gave up 3 compressors out of the five and said that’s all they would warranty, but only had 1 compressor in stock and they told me they wouldn’t honor the labor warranty since I didn’t install the equipment. That is another reason why I despise Goodman products, they pick and choose what they want to warranty and most of the guys installing it usually aren’t licensed and I think that’s a big part of why, but they will sell it to them if all they have is an epa license in this area.

Post Likes
    Same thing happens here although NC requires a license to purchase they will sell it under someone elseís license. On the other hand I live close to SC border and anyone with epa cars can purchase equipment in that state.

Post Likes
    As a past representative for Goodman Mfg., I can tell you with absolute confidence that none of what you state here is the fault of Goodman, but rather the fault of the distributor you are dealing with. Even if it is a Goodman distributor, they need to have the right technical people in house or at least in the region to properly process warranties. All warranties are clearly spelled out, and Goodman will stand behind their warranties. Labor is on the contractor unless extenuating circumstances exist. The biggest problem with most brands now days is that the distributors do not have the proper technical representatives in place who know how to navigate manufacturer's warranties.
    Quote Originally Posted by RMSG01 View Post
    I’ve ran into this problem with every brand that has let me do warranty claims on, with an exception from time to time when they have the compressor in stock. One year I had 5 out of 6 Goodman units go down with compressors on a church facility, they couldn’t get the original company to come back out, they said they were done with Goodman and to let someone else get taken by them on the warranty, so I stepped up, they gave up 3 compressors out of the five and said that’s all they would warranty, but only had 1 compressor in stock and they told me they wouldn’t honor the labor warranty since I didn’t install the equipment. That is another reason why I despise Goodman products, they pick and choose what they want to warranty and most of the guys installing it usually aren’t licensed and I think that’s a big part of why, but they will sell it to them if all they have is an epa license in this area.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Why are you concerned with others? If someone else installs equipment badly, you have an opportunity to profit from their mistakes. I never understood why technicians think that the way others do their job is somehow detrimental to anyone else. I've made more money from hack jobs than I have from proper installs I have done myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prowelder View Post
    Same thing happens here although NC requires a license to purchase they will sell it under someone else’s license. On the other hand I live close to SC border and anyone with epa cars can purchase equipment in that state.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Why are you concerned with others? If someone else installs equipment badly, you have an opportunity to profit from their mistakes. I never understood why technicians think that the way others do their job is somehow detrimental to anyone else. I've made more money from hack jobs than I have from proper installs I have done myself.
    I donít concern myself with what others do directly. Just find it easier to stay away from those types of jobs because in my experience the person hiring a hack doesnít care to spend the money to make it right. And Goodman equipment is involved with a lot of those types of circumstances. Also, Iím not a Goodman dealer, donít care to be, and donít have good experiences with the local dealer so it makes warranty more difficult with them. I have much better support and relationships with other distributors that I donít need Goodman or their distributors a part of my life, same goes for hack job hiring customers.

Post Likes
    I have always said and will continue to teach; the best brand of equipment is the brand that is best supported in every aspect by that brand's distributor. That especially means proper in-house, even if regional, technical support that knows how to take care of warranty issues and fight for labor when it is warranted and does periodic training classes on the nuances of their brand of equipment.
    Having worked for Goodman directly, I can't dispute that Goodman equipment is many times installed poorly due to consumers looking for discounts. I can also tell you that I have condemned quite a few pieces of equipment by various manufacturers that had issues due to not being properly sized or properly installed, and in most cases the consumer was willing to pay for their mistake of trying to get an HVAC system done on the cheap. It's all a matter of calmly, without emotion or malice toward anyone or any product, explaining the physics behind why the system failed and what needs to be done to correct the situation.
    I don’t concern myself with what others do directly. Just find it easier to stay away from those types of jobs because in my experience the person hiring a hack doesn’t care to spend the money to make it right. And Goodman equipment is involved with a lot of those types of circumstances. Also, I’m not a Goodman dealer, don’t care to be, and don’t have good experiences with the local dealer so it makes warranty more difficult with them. I have much better support and relationships with other distributors that I don’t need Goodman or their distributors a part of my life, same goes for hack job hiring customers.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I have always said and will continue to teach; the best brand of equipment is the brand that is best supported in every aspect by that brand's distributor. That especially means proper in-house, even if regional, technical support that knows how to take care of warranty issues and fight for labor when it is warranted and does periodic training classes on the nuances of their brand of equipment.
    Having worked for Goodman directly, I can't dispute that Goodman equipment is many times installed poorly due to consumers looking for discounts. I can also tell you that I have condemned quite a few pieces of equipment by various manufacturers that had issues due to not being properly sized or properly installed, and in most cases the consumer was willing to pay for their mistake of trying to get an HVAC system done on the cheap. It's all a matter of calmly, without emotion or malice toward anyone or any product, explaining the physics behind why the system failed and what needs to be done to correct the situation.
    Iím pretty sure weíre in agreement. Although I havenít had the pleasure of having such understanding customers in difficult situations to have too much good to say on the matter. Iím still fairly young so Iím sure that opportunity is waiting out there somewhere. And donít get me wrong, I always give the customer the benefit of the doubt and try to explain things as clearly and tactfully as I can so that Iím able to solve their issues.

Post Likes

The "Like" button isn't working.
    I’m pretty sure we’re in agreement. Although I haven’t had the pleasure of having such understanding customers in difficult situations to have too much good to say on the matter. I’m still fairly young so I’m sure that opportunity is waiting out there somewhere. And don’t get me wrong, I always give the customer the benefit of the doubt and try to explain things as clearly and tactfully as I can so that I’m able to solve their issues.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Lennox

Post Likes
    We Push Goodman hard.

Post Likes
    We should not need to "push" any brand or equipment. Try to focus on providing the best for each customers needs based on the brand you prefer to deal with.
    Quote Originally Posted by CLMorse View Post
    We Push Goodman hard.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    I didnt mean push hard in that we push customers hard to choose Goodman. I meant if we have the choice we use goodman everytime.

Post Likes
    Gotcha. Sorry for misunderstanding. I have always felt that in the HVAC industry, we are not truly selling systems as much as providing systems that are best for the individual customers needs. The "best" system may not be the best for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by CLMorse View Post
    I didnt mean push hard in that we push customers hard to choose Goodman. I meant if we have the choice we use goodman everytime.
    Training is important!

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 161920212223242526