Post Likes

Hmm ADX Server and FX20/60/70 Integration

I have a customer that has a large JCI ADX/NAE system that we also connect to using mostly N2 controllers. For one reason or another, the customer is moving away from JCI, but we still work on the site. Is it possible to expand the existing NAE network adding FX20/60/70 and bringing them into the ADX without too much of a hassle? I am not sure if the ADX can directly read the FX's over the IP connection (Niagara) or would we have to install a BACnet IP license in the new FX's and transfer all the points to the ADX in that fashion? I wouldn't think that this is the preferred method to transfer a large number of points. I need to come up with a clean solution since the site has about 30 NAE's and its trunks are well distributed through the facility. It is in my best interest and easier to jump on their network than to try and sell a new FX Server installation/network. They have already invested a fortune in what they have, so we would like to maintain the existing infrastructure if possible. Any information would be appreciated.

Post Likes
    Yes BACnet/IP is the best way to bring in points from Niagara.

Post Likes
    We did one as a test with a FX40.

1) You need the BACnet/IP module in the FX40.
    2) You Can Not import BACnet objects into the ADX. They must be imported into a NAE as BACnet/IP.
    3) No issues with it's communication to the NAE.

We installed a FX40, used the N2 bus for couple of UNT's, LON for some other controlelrs and MSTP. All were converted to BACnet/IP which was imported into the NAE.

Post Likes
    So, it sounds like I would only need to provide a BACnet IP license for the FX. Would this need to be done in the FX using the BACnet routing table for importing and exporting points? How does this then interface with the NAE; through a common switch or direct connect to the NAE? I have never worked on the NAE. Thanks.

Post Likes
    The FX would be connected to the same network as the NAE's.

Then configure the FX for exporting the BACnet objects, and from the NAE import the objects.

Once the FX is configured, the NAE part is easy.