Post Likes

Any success in posting jobs in this forum?

I am in that spot now where I need some knowledgeable help in the engineering department.

Programming, drawings, design, possible trips to the field for troubleshooting and laying out subs.

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck in finding candidates just by posting something in here...

Post Likes
    I was found on this site by current employer and its how I got my start in the controls side of things. Some prime candidates can be found here IMO.

Post Likes
    I have been contacted by headhunters via the PM system but they didn't post here (against the rules).

Personally I have thought of posting a looking for a job type of thing to see what is available.

So yes people are here and looking.
    Scott Jalbert, WebCTRL ninja, Naiagara AX and EcoStruxure Building Expert newb, SiteScan Retired

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried

Post Likes
    Yep talked to some people, not many but a few.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    I have thought of posting a want add on here. We always seem to be looking for good people.
    This recession won't be over until we raise a generation that knows how to live on what they’ve got.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by The_USC_2001 View Post
    I have thought of posting a want add on here. We always seem to be looking for good people.
    You and every other controls integrator.

It is the plague of this industry. It requires a good 2-3 year commitment to be 'good', meanwhile there are only a few people available now to get the work done and the number of jobs and the technology it takes to do them keeps growing each year.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    I have been contacted by headhunters via the PM system but they didn't post here (against the rules).

Personally I have thought of posting a looking for a job type of thing to see what is available.

So yes people are here and looking.

Had a few headhunters call me, but they where all talking about out of state jobs, unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) can't move at this time due to family reasons.

Kevin

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    I have received emails from 5 job seekers. 3 out of state, 1 in state but I would be taking a position down for the same money, 1 for a lot more money but I would be back to low man on the totem pole and I don't want to move that far down.
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Post Likes
    we haven't had any responses from our "help wanted" post.
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

Post Likes
    When a new post is placed in this section it doesnt make it bold like the Pro or Selling forum do. So i usually dont see that people have any posted here. Not sure if others experience this, could just be my settings.

Post Likes
    I am new to the controls field but have been in the service industry for 31 years. I have worked on most everything, centrifugal, screw, recip and smardt chillers as well as turbocor retrofits, boilers, pumps, large package units, leiberts, some stulz units but not many, air scrubbers for data rooms and more. I understand that good controls people with experience are hard to find and the most desired, but if there is anyone in the Phoenix area looking for someone beginning in the controls field my email is in my profile. I went thru the FX class and have the programming cd and am reviewing the Niagara pre training cd hoping to take that class soon.

I only have a couple of jobs under my belt as of recent that involved Honeywell AX. I have also installed a Trane Tracker system but that was a few years back. I have a true desire to work with people who know DDC controls that I can learn from. Right now I work for a large mechanical company and have been trying to start us in the controls field but I have no one here to ask for advice, plus they don't seem very commited to this which is why I bought the programming CD myself, they didn't want to buy it even at half the cost it was offered to us at so I bought it myself.

Thanks guys, I didn't mean to hijack your thread, I read your blog almost daily controls freak..good stuff!