Thread: JCI PCT VMWARE

Post Likes

JCI PCT VMWARE

Does anyone have PCT, running on a virtual machine Win7 32 bit?. It will install fine on Win 7 host, but not on virtual. My hope was to run all virtual machine's on FX, and PCT release's. The VM also allows me to run SCT,CCT on same machine " Thank you JCI for not allowing them to reside on the same host". I have talked to all the vendors, and tech support they are still running XP virtual machine's for this. I also have several Honeywell AX builds, that I need to install they will be going on virtual's also. This is all because I got a new laptop, maybe I will just give it back!!!!.

Post Likes
    My new laptop comes tomorrow. We will see what works and doesn't work. i am still going to hold onto my old dell xp machine, even though half the keys have fallen off. it has serial and pcmcia ports. "When they pry my cold dead fingers!"
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

We have freedom because somebody fought for it.
    We keep it because we are willing to fight for it.
    We lose it because we are not willing to fight for it.

Post Likes
    My new laptop, is a dell E6520. I ordered the serial port replicator, I don't know how it works I haven't tried it. I might be going back to XP Virtual machines for JCI stuff, and Win 7 for Honeywell AX. Honeywell's AX software is so much easier to load, and JCI is just frustrating to deal with. Having to work on SCT,CCT and FX, PCT provides a challenge to run one laptop for sure!!!

Post Likes
    Thank goodness for my XP machine, dropped her a good 10 ft today. She survived the fall in-cased in my Veto pro-pack tool bag.

Post Likes
    Just received my e6520 2-weeks ago. The legacy port replicator attaches
    to the docking station connector on the bottom of the laptop. has worked
    perfectly so far.