+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: H.S.I.: Hack Scene Investigator - 2 weeks of episodes left!

Post Likes
    Wow. Everyone got home and posted at once LOL!!!
    Let's see here...

Originally posted by marylandtech
    Payson

Glad to see you have seen the light. I tell you my work days are gravy compared to the daily sh&t at that company. You will realize they probaly took years off your life while working there :-). Good Luck and Congrads. BTW are you going strictly commercial ??? Do i know the new co. ? Dont forget to give cookie a goodbye kiss and thank him for all the overtime!! j/k
    This dude worked there for a while. He KNOWS how frustrating it was to be working past dark in April, on a roof, doing a maintenance.

To answer your question, it is mostly res. But that is ok. 10 minutes from their shop with no morning traffic! YEAH!

Originally posted by york_hvac
    But think of all the fun places you left

Like here: http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthr...threadid=80190

Here: http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthr...threadid=93474

And here: http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthr...threadid=66779

But seriously, congragulations on the new job!
    Dude. You picked the EXACT 3 worst jobs that I would have personally picked!!!

Two of them our company installed, over their heads on the large 15 ton units, and on them California over the t-grid heat pumps, they should have WALKED and refused to install that sh*t like that.
    The 3rd one is just some place that shows you why we need inspections.

Originally posted by Freezeking2000
    Congrats.

Hey Payson, I have a question about how you connect to the lan networks. Is there a way to configure the computer to automatically connect to non-prefered networks?

I always have to search manually then it will connect, but i need to get e-mail while on the road and dont want to pay for a service. How do you connect an antenna and where do you get one.
    Make sure you have WIndows XP Service Pack 2.
    The WiFi settings work awesome. But it doesn't connect automatically until you connect to it at least once.
    I also have a high gain omni-directional antenna. That increases the signal like 10:1 compaired to a LapTop built in antenna. Also go download "NetStumbler". It finds networks in real time. But you need to turn it off before Windows will properly connect.
    I rarely need to do anything here. It almost always has a open signal on every job

Originally posted by azroncam
    In response to "MoneyMaker"
    If you should get turned down by them. Try selling Glasses to the blind you can do it. Field supervisor of what the gun and mask detail believe me that is NOTHING TO BE PRODE OF.LOOSERR.

----------------------------------
    moneymaker

----------------------------------

I smell bullsh*t.

I think someone signed back up with a new name.

MAYBE the guy who put THIS compressor in for $2k recently that locked up 3 months later??????

THAT is how it looked when I got there. And this customer was a FRIEND of the owner of this HVAC company????

Look familiar???

Yeah. I posted it here with no names. Just pictures worth a thousand words. The tech was PISSED!

If I was a dick, I would have just emailed this to the companies owner

And them "Field Supervisors" seem to NEVER EVER have the time to go fix this stuff or take the individual BACK to show them how to do it right.
    Know why? Because they have the commission carrot also dangling in front of their nose so they would rather be on money calls.

They send me or a few of the "repair" techs to go fix it and make the problem go away. Meanwhile the first tech is on another job collecting another check for that kind of work or another helping of ZEROL ICE

Enough said about that LOL!!!!

[Edited by PaysonHVAC on 03-25-2006 at 01:44 AM]

Post Likes
    Originally posted by moneymaker
    Hey Seaton, who the hell are you! Have you ever worked with payson? I have a buddy that works with payson and he says he does nothing but wine. I understand complaining about jobs that are hacked up, but what is your problem with guys or the company making money. My buddy just got promoted to field supervisor and has worked their for 5 yrs. and he would be considered a sales tech in your mind. Yes I do plan on applying for a job their because of the money that can be made their and your not going to be laid off in the off season.
    If you want to be little better than a common criminal, go for it, get a job there ripping people off and doing shoddy work.

Some of us have ethics.

Post Likes
    i think the person that did do that comp. got a new name and is replying also.

after payson leaves those kind of people are going to talk so much sh*t saying "he couldnt handle it,he was just a cry baby". oh well let those people talk. payson is getting better options there!

Post Likes
    Hey Seaton, who the hell are you! Have you ever worked with payson? I have a buddy that works with payson and he says he does nothing but wine. I understand complaining about jobs that are hacked up, but what is your problem with guys or the company making money. My buddy just got promoted to field supervisor and has worked their for 5 yrs. and he would be considered a sales tech in your mind. Yes I do plan on applying for a job their because of the money that can be made their and your not going to be laid off in the off season.

So your the run capbandit

and he wouldnt be complaining if these guys actually did there job in the first place

Post Likes

Its all in a name....

Originally posted by outside rep

So your the run capbandit

and he wouldnt be complaining if these guys actually did there job in the first place
    Subliminally I guess you can tell where some folks priority is...
    Look, just do your job, stay outta my way and we'll get along fine.

Teach your kids to respect themselves and others with your actions- these little baboons will imitate you like it or not.

Post Likes
    Well, you know it was getting deep when your conversation with a fellow tech (sales/tech) was me mentioning that I wont replace a part unless I KNOW it's bad, not by some 'flawed method' some head sales guy gives me to say it's bad and that I'm not good at selling Zerol Ice that I am not sure about yet myself....

And the response from the others was "You think too much. It's not your desicion. YOU need to get with it, it's not about repairs. It's about MAKING MONEY. All HVAC companies are going this way (straight commission pay) no matter where you go..."

And some freaks twist it around that I wont sell a unit. I SELL units. Any chance I get as a matter of fact. I just am not a shady person when I come to a unit needing it's first contactor or ODM saying their unit is junk.

Those who have seen my commercial posts for the last two years will see posts of nasty units I HAD to fix because the business owner would not even consider replacing the thing.

I'd like to see these guys that are selling people a new system to replace one 6 and 7 yrs old to try that on a commerical resteraunt building with a 20 yr old one get them to buy one.
    That's why these guys refuse to ever get into the commercial jobs at all. They stick to where they can sell, not having to know how to diagnose many problems.

Post Likes
    Hey Payson I will say that I will miss seing your posts and daily adventures with the RCB, the Death trap roofs, the stories about the girls in skirts who sell bad pm's. I do look forward to seeing more of the posts that showcases the hackery in the industry.

MoneyMaker (1 post): take some advice from yourself or your "BUDDY" from the superseal post.

chillerking (1 post)

My reply is real simple....I'M A HACK AND MY NEW BOSS IS EVEN A BIGGER HACK> I WILL DO YOU ALL A FAVOR AND GO BACK TO JAIL WHERE I LEARNED THIS TRADE. YOU CAN ALSO SEE ME ON THE NEWS THIS SUMMER FOR RIPPING PEOPLE OFF. SEE YOU ALL SOON! P.S. I AM A LOSER!
    SIGNED
    THE RUN CAP BANDIT

Post Likes
    First off, there is a difference between whining and telling the truth. Seems all some of you guys care about are the almighty dollar. Well, you know what? There are other things to care about to. Take good care of your customers by "doing the right thing". Don't sell them something they don't need. And maybe, just maybe treating them like human beings once in a while. I can see that you are gonna go nowhere in this trade. "This trade", I don't think you know what that is. Because you are in a different trade, you are a scammer. A salesman who cares nothing about the people he sells to only about how much of that "product" he can sell. Truly sad.

Post Likes
    glad to see you getting out of that sh!thole co. hopefully we will see some of the new companies work on the other wall.

Post Likes
    holy ****......your finally callin it quits on those long drives, late nights and those awesome call backs....good luck where ever your going...make sure to hit me up on the radio before you drop it off so i can give u my cell number
    late

Post Likes
    Congratulations, Payson, from the looks of what you have posted, your old company has a Las Vegas branch.
    Moneymaker, you should be very happy in his old company, I know of a lot of companies who consider competent, professional techs who have the intestinal fortitude to stand up for what is right to be "whiners".
    poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine

Post Likes
    Good luck Payson. We will miss all the entertainment you provided for sure.

Seems mokneymaker is upset because he will be called to go repair his own screw ups since Payson will be gone.

Post Likes
    Well I may make a showing in here form time to time when we get on new jobs with old repairs. And of course being back in the El Mirage area you will see some of the Deitz Crane death trap roofs I have spoke of before. But sounds like this co. would back me up if I think a rooftop is too unsafe

Originally posted by manny238
    holy ****......your finally callin it quits on those long drives, late nights and those awesome call backs....good luck where ever your going...make sure to hit me up on the radio before you drop it off so i can give u my cell number
    late
    Yeah. They want me to stay but I can't pass this up. This job will be close to home which will be nice for the reduced drive times on the average.

Note that manny238 is a coworker and he is someone who hasn't fallen into the dark side enough to argue any of my posts. He agrees with most of them as does rammer

Post Likes
    Hey Payson, It's about time you got out of that hackfest of a company. You'll always be a legend in the wall of shame.

And I think that you should leave that Moneymaker guy a present on the way out, maybe a piss refill for his drink cup

Fairfield and NewHaven Counties in Commecticut
    Post Likes
    I think you will still see alot to post on the wall of shame. I see it every day.......it is everywhere!

I have even done some wall of shame work, especially on Friday afternoons!

Post Likes
    Yeah. But maybe now it wont be behind my own peers on a daily basis
    Hopefully just stuff about builders, access, or other co's techs.

Originally posted by lenb
    Hey Payson, It's about time you got out of that hackfest of a company. You'll always be a legend in the wall of shame.

And I think that you should leave that Moneymaker guy a present on the way out, maybe a piss refill for his drink cup
    Oh yeah. You have paid attention here, especially since that post was killed when that dude was going crazy accusing me or rammer with that thing.

Maybe I should build him a piss-cup bomb for the last day???

LOL!!!

Post Likes
    I don't think it will be too hard for Payson to find screwed up installations, there is so many hacks out there to follow up on, including the new guy here that will take your job when you are gone.I always look at the wall of shame pictures and wonder where the pride of workmanship has gone and realize that going into the heavy centrifugal, commercial market was the best thing I have ever done. Customers are less likely to let some hack work on there 150,000.00 chiller, hell, I would have never seen a run cap bandit job if it would not have been here.If only 1 guy saw a picture of one of his installs and realized how much of a hack he was and changed, it would be worth it.Also, a guy that gets on a board and post pics of bad installs that his company does, tells me he has a "SET" and feels competent in his abilitys.And a guy that is competent is a guy that won't let a hack boss tell him how to do his job.

Post Likes
    Payson, best of luck! Nice to have more time with the family and less frustration. Let us know if the old company calls in a few months to ask you back.
    meanwhile, back at the ranch.....

Post Likes
    Thanks. I really hope it works out.

acjourneyman, you nailed it on the head.

Some people took the pix as insult and well you see how he (they) took the constructive criticism.

Actually a FEW things have changed for them for the good. One of the supervisors used this forum to print out pix and gave them to the install depo.

A few things are changing better. And the co. as large as they are of course also changes other things for the worse.

All in all given the opportunity at hand I am not going to hold my breath. Even though I received a few phone calls, after my verbal notice, telling me that "...things are about to all be fixed over there"

Post Likes
    If they have a lot more hackers and salesmen than skilled techs at your old co. then the good times for them are going to be shortlived. Not too many customers are going to fall for buying new units everytime something breaks.
    The good techs will all leave if they are penalized for fixing something right instead of selling something to make a real paycheck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in