+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quadra-Fire Pellet Stove problem

Post Likes

Quadra-Fire Pellet Stove problem

Hi everyone. I just joined here because I have a problem with my Quadra-Fire Castille Pellet Stove. I just had the chimney cleaned yesterday, and after that cleaning the stove was put back in place and started. (Stove had been thoroughly cleaned last week and had not run since.) The stove ran for two hours and I shut it down and let it cool. I noticed the electronics box (black box) was dusty so used a damp cloth to wipe it clean. I then attempted to start the stove and it wouldn't start. Tried several times, but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've never had a problem like this before, and we've had this stove approximately 8 years. Thanks!

Post Likes

Cool

Unplug the stove
    wiggle the control box so you're sure it is firmly seated into its contacts
    double check the power cord attachment to the stove
    plug in--should go through diagnostic check and exhaust blower run for a minute

make a call for heat from the stat
    if no red call light, pull plug and check fuse at module-replace as needed
    if red light but does not continue sequence, hit the reset button one time. it should feed pellets, turn on the blower and energize the igniter. If not, call for service

HTH
    This is not a DIY site so not much else we can help you with. These steps are within a homeowner's capability but not much after this.

Oh, yes, make sure your hopper is full of pellets.

Post Likes
    Thanks Hearthman! We actually had done most of that, even tried a new fuse but it still won't start. Finally got our dealer to call us back, and have scheduled service in two weeks. Unfortunately, this dealer is not the best in customer service, but hopefully they will get the stove running again. Thanks again for your suggestions!

Post Likes
    We need more information than "it wont start" in order to help you. what exactly is is not doing? no red "call" light? not feeding pellets? no power?

Post Likes
    I am having a problem with my Qudrafire Contour pellet stove.
    When I hit the 3 position switch, there is now no change from medium or high.....It stays at the low setting and the fan does not ramp up and feed more pellets. So all 3 positions on the switch all stay on the low setting. Has anyone else ever encountered something like this?
    I am thinking it is perhaps a faulty switch that may have resistors on it to compensate for the LOW-Medium-High fan settings? Called dealer and he is has NOT seen this before.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilzer007 View Post
    I am having a problem with my Qudrafire Contour pellet stove.
    When I hit the 3 position switch, there is now no change from medium or high.....It stays at the low setting and the fan does not ramp up and feed more pellets. So all 3 positions on the switch all stay on the low setting. Has anyone else ever encountered something like this?
    I am thinking it is perhaps a faulty switch that may have resistors on it to compensate for the LOW-Medium-High fan settings? Called dealer and he is has NOT seen this before.
    Not sure I'm following you. If it will run and feed but only on low that's one I haven't seen but likely would just be a bad switch. If it stays low and doesn't feed more pellets that is 9 out of 10 times caused by clogged venting so take it all apart and clean the stove and venting top to bottom.

Post Likes
    Move this question over to Hearth .com they have a pellet forum.
    UA Local 32 retired as of Jan 2020

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in