PDA

View Full Version : UNIT SIZE?

txcanes13
09-27-2011, 12:55 PM
Aside from the compressor name plate and NO TXV, how else can you find out what size a packaged unit is w/o a unit name palte?

PremiumServices
09-27-2011, 01:31 PM
I've seen some evap coils with production quality control sticker telling the coil size. Other than that IF you have serial number you can call the supplyhouse even without model# and they will tell you.

I guess if you have a metering device you may try calling the supplyhouse with the metering device size to see if they can "come up with something" but its really as good as guessing by the size of the house (not too good).

second opinion
09-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Aside from the compressor name plate and NO TXV, how else can you find out what size a packaged unit is w/o a unit name palte?

should not be used to check equipment tonage. They are often different from tonage of compressor.

PremiumServices
09-27-2011, 01:38 PM
should not be used to check equipment tonage. They are often different from tonage of compressor.

I agree but if you have the compressor model you may get lucky calling the distributor for that brand and they finding the only packaged unit in their line that uses such compressor.

PremiumServices
09-27-2011, 01:39 PM
BTW, why do you need tonage of system? if you don't mind.

just_opinion
09-27-2011, 08:35 PM
If the unit lost all tags, then it must be old.

If just to repair it, then who cares what size.

If replace it, then you best to use the "Better guess" called "load cal"

PremiumServices
09-27-2011, 08:57 PM
If the unit lost all tags, then it must be old.

If just to repair it, then who cares what size.

If replace it, then you best to use the "Better guess" called "load cal"

Hence my last question. LMAO