PDA

View Full Version : refrigerant piping length

dvschillin
09-24-2011, 08:00 PM
I have a client who is remodeling a restaraunt and wants to move a condenser from the roof to either end of his building. The cooler is located 12ft from one end of the building and 25ft from the other. He really wants the condenser at the farthest end. Does it matter how long the piping to evaperator is?

Also the manufacturers label is completely faded away on the condenser. It is a heatcraft R22 paired with a heatcraft unit cooler Model#LSC090AMC2J. How could I find out more about this condenser.

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

bunny
09-24-2011, 08:18 PM
Barring piping errors or excessive pressure drop in the suction piping, there's no reason you can't make the changes as requested. The typical supermarket piping runs are much longer than this.

The suction pressure drop should not exceed what would be equivalent to a 2F change in saturation temperature, yet the velocity in the suction riser should be according to the standards given for the refrigerant in use.

jpsmith1cm
09-24-2011, 08:21 PM
The million dollar question is:

WHERE IS THE SOLENOID VALVE?

If your solenoid valve is at the condensing unit, it can cause you problems if you have excessive liquid line length.

If it's at the evap, then what bunny said. I've seen lines run in excess of 300' with no problems.