PDA

View Full Version : Heil 80% fault code 8

Glennhvac
09-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Hey all. I pretty much install Rheem/Ruud and can't say I recall any error code similar to this. The unit is about 2 yrs old. It's an 80 single stage.

When I arrived I was getting a fault code 8 flashes. Hard lockout. It says that gas valve mis wired (no, it's run fine for two years) or gas relay stuck. This was their first time turning the heat on this year. I cycled it about 15 times and all is perfect. Does anyone have an idea what would cause this code? As I said, I can not recall seeing a code like this on most other systems.

I have to go back with air cleaner parts and just wonder if that gas valve hung up over the summer if it would give that code. I guess I could shut the gas and see if that 8 code pops up. Just curious.
thanks

rundawg
09-17-2011, 09:12 PM
It's an 80 single stage.

When I arrived I was getting a fault code 8 flashes. Hard lockout. It says that gas valve mis wired (no, it's run fine for two years) or gas relay stuck.

Does anyone have an idea what would cause this code?

I doubt it is a miswire if it has been working fine for two years.

So I would say you have a relay starting to go bad on the control board.

It might never happen again, or it might happen tomorrow.

greedyman
09-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Check for polarity and a good ground. Ive seen strange things happen if these are not correct. A furnace that has ran normal for many years, then starts acting up due to poor ground or reverse polarity. Also is the electrical directly ran to circuit breaker on its own?

talktowags
09-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Was there another appliance added since the spring. If gas line was open for a while maybe alot of air in line upstrem from furnace ?? Just a thought.

hvacrmedic
09-18-2011, 09:45 PM
This belongs in the pro section.