PDA

View Full Version : Ruud package unit blower need higher RPM?

koolerdude
08-27-2011, 06:10 AM
Hi,
I just finish a trade school 2 months ago and now doing some PM for a HVAC company. On this particular unit, complain is that in the morning the units provide enough cooling. however, it not cool enough during the afternoon.
This office is about 1000sq. ft. matching up with a 4 tons RUUD 208-230v package unit.
FLA is around 9 amp. and evap fan is around 4 amps (well below manufacture data plate). it has OSA vent on the return duct. Outside ambient 88 deg. F sucking into the unit, Supply 56 deg. F. Low pressure 58psig, high pressure 230psig. lots of condensate. my thought is that the unit is working properly as it should and its just too much heat load in that medical office in the afternoon. lots of condensate flowing down. how do i get the actual temperature split when there is OSA compensation to the unit like that? Can I can the blower to a higher RPM to increase cooling capacity?

any suggestion?

stone-cold99
08-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Make sure no outside air is making it's way into the evaporator. Then do a SA-RA temp split. Check for clean filters and coil. Then check your super heat and subcooling if possible. Then after all that check airflow.