PDA

View Full Version : Frigidaire - are they good or junk?

More Comfortable
08-16-2011, 12:58 PM
My wife and I got a new Frigidaire, basic fridge. This morning it wasn't even on, but then it turned out to be a power issue. But I'm wondering why the refrigerator flipped the breaker.

Are these garbage? I mean, are we going to come home some day and all our food be toasted because it quit? The last one we had was GE, an $1800 one, and it broke. I'm tired of appliances tanking.

Thanks!

coolwhip
08-16-2011, 01:02 PM
All of them are junk.:whistle:

MM#7
08-16-2011, 01:41 PM
it's called ,making them as cheap as possible. any one who buys a appliance, especially a refrigerator, w/o a warranty parts and labor, at least 5 years isn't smart!

76olds
08-16-2011, 08:13 PM
A little more than a year ago, I bought a new frigidare fridge. Cheap basic unit (I paid something like $460.00 delivered and the old one hauled away).

It has lasted longer that I thought it would. Works well but built cheap.

Appliances like refrigerators are built to be throwaway items. If mine broke tonight, I would look at it, but would most likely end up buying a new one.

thefreezerguy
08-16-2011, 09:05 PM
All of them are junk.:whistle:

:ditto:

Fabrk8r
08-16-2011, 09:29 PM
About all you can do is keep them as clean as possible, inside and out, and keep your fingers crossed.

As already stated, appliances, like most other consumables, are built quick and cheap these days.

They will usually last about a day longer than the parts warranty.

BTW, every large kitchen appliance I own is Frigidaire. I like 'em. Best bang for the buck in my book.

dunkman
08-16-2011, 09:43 PM
My wife had to have new appliances this year. After I did some research on consumer reports it seemed Whirpool came out on top as far as service problems. Frigidaire didn't score too great, somewhere in the middle if I remember right. They're all built to break nowdays.

BParson03
08-16-2011, 11:00 PM
My grandparents bought a house last year that came with a new Frigidaire fridge. It works alright aside from it being noisy. It bangs, thumps and clicks everytime it turns on and off.

MM#7
08-16-2011, 11:04 PM
6 years ago i bought a frifgidare from lowes, it was a scratch and dent, i bought it home, turns out freon was out of unot, called warranty deppt, they came over, no break downs since. units today are a coin flip, some good/bad!

jim147
08-18-2011, 12:06 AM
You need to look at your power problem. Is it on a GFI? It is not supposed to be.

It could have a problem in the unit. Keep an eye on it.

The brands are all about the same these days. But I would chose Frigidaire over most of the brands out there.

jim

icesoft
08-21-2011, 02:31 PM
http://stuff.stedman-machine.com/icesoft/PICT0083.JPG

Speaking of cheaply made appliances, check the hot wire pinched under the ground screw on this BRAND NEW Frigidaire Deep Freeze my folks bought for me. I just happened to check it out before plugging it in for the first time. Cut out the pinched section and spliced it back together, never a problem.