PDA

View Full Version : infinity controller

JWB
08-12-2011, 06:24 AM
so....new (less then a yr old) install, lady leaves town and house is hot when she gets back. Seems the controller hangs up in the setup menu after a power outage. She watches it after a lightning strike and it does the same thing. doesn't seem like it is programmed wrong. They all (the controllers) seem to hang up on the installed heatstrips....

Shouldn't the stat default back to the settings before the power outage?

ch4man
08-12-2011, 08:58 AM
call your local carrier dealer mfg rep.

theres a service bulletin on that.

i forget the details and not sure even if i did i could say on this new forum

pauls heating &
08-12-2011, 05:49 PM
dealer service bulliten on em..on loss of power they wake up in install mode..
your dealer should have the latest rev of the controller

mcjo tech
08-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Seen lots of them. Need a new controller with newer updated software version. I have replaced 4 of them already this summer.

skippedover
08-12-2011, 08:35 PM
You need a new User Interface with has a version 17 or later software package. I believe all of the new SYSTXBBUID01-C color units are later than 17.

JWB
08-13-2011, 12:05 AM
Thanks I put in for a new unit to be ordered, but just wanted to know. We do a large volume, but usually the service bulletins aren't passed down to the techs, hahaha. The ones that need them. Thanks.

Milk man
08-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Thanks I put in for a new unit to be ordered, but just wanted to know. We do a large volume, but usually the service bulletins aren't passed down to the techs, hahaha. The ones that need them. Thanks.

Funny, if not so maddening!:gah::gah::gah:

JWB
08-13-2011, 12:36 AM
Funny, if not so maddening!:gah::gah::gah:

Yeah, make my calls a lot quicker. I love going in and asking and they are like, yeah there was a bulletin on that....:gah::gah:

torcher
12-31-2014, 03:06 AM
I'm not a fan of anything infinity

ammoniadog
12-31-2014, 07:11 AM
I'm not a fan of anything infinity

So you dug up a 3 year old thread just so you could blurt out this little pill of wisdom? Care to elaborate on your dislike for infinity? I really haven't heard very much bad stuff about them. I thought they were pretty good systems.

torcher
01-03-2015, 06:22 AM
I was just trying to get a few post in so I can upgrade my membership to a pro. But since you asked I really hate the interface and the command module structure between the control board and all of the parts.