PDA

View Full Version : need help with traulsen p.o.s

Ron123
05-03-2004, 09:55 PM
i got a call for a 3 door reach in freezer down,unit has a history 4 pages long, original call my company sent a new guy out there who "topped the system off"so when i got the recall i put my gauges on and holy sh** he topped it off all right i was at something like 55/370 with c.p.r vave cranked all the way open,so i recovered the charge evacuated and recharged the unit it ran for three days and went down and we had just about every tech in my company there ever since i wound up back there friday and i think every part on this unit has been replaced since i was last there about 2 weeks ago,anyway the box had a compressor put in on thursday and never went below 16 degrees f i recovered the charge (again)took out the t.x.v it was all stopped up with oil i then took out the evap.and flushed out like a cup of oil and then flushed the rest of the system (using nitro)i installed a new t.x.v matched to compressor and design box temp. (0-10 degrees F)pulled a good vaccumm 485 microns and weighed in proper charge to no avail i still couldent get the box to pull down properly i left it a 18 degrees after 6 hrs of trying to pull it down and i am all out of ideas any help would be appreciated.

traulsen m/n g31010jc s/nT349200f96 design temp 0-10
R-404a pressures were 15/248
box temp 18 degrees ambiant in room 75

codgy
05-03-2004, 10:34 PM
check defrost heater to make sure it is not on all the time, this is rare and usually obvious because breaker will trip. you said cpr was not right, did you properly set this control by compressor amp draw to maximize system capacity? also the suction pressure you state, is it at compressor or cpr valve, is this a converted 502 unit?

Diceman
05-03-2004, 10:42 PM
Put a little more gas in it, check the condenser for good air flow, remove cpr valve to see if it help.......after that.......throw it in the dumpster.
How much dough you guys got into this thing anyway?

hoozdis
05-03-2004, 11:10 PM
...heard anything about superheat/subcooling, isnt this the way we measure whats really going on?

Freezeking2000
05-04-2004, 10:33 PM
Im woth you on this one dice, sounds like it was low an gas allowing the oil to log in evap.

Diceman
05-04-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by hoozdis
...heard anything about superheat/subcooling, isnt this the way we measure whats really going on?
Yeah, if ya can't fix it check this stuff, whatever it is.

R12rules
05-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Check for a kink in the lines somewhere.

Did this sucker EVER work right?

Is the unit still in warranty??? Maybe the unit lost a valve or otherwise capacity has been seriously compromised! Check to see if the unit still pumps.

If you can rule the compressor is still okay, then that is not one of your potential problems, move forward.

This is a process of elimination. And just be thankful it is NOT a true or bev air.

What's the dif between a bev air and a dumpster?

Dumpsters dont have shelves!

What's the diferance between a true box and a pile of garbage?

The pile of garbage dont attract as many flies!

Diceman
05-05-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by R12rules

Hey, old man.............
I like that one.

condenseddave
05-05-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Diceman

Originally posted by R12rules

Hey, old man.............
I like that one.

Yeah, me too!

Bevair is owned by the Carrier division of United Technologies.:D

http://ww2.imagewiz.net/images/hvactalk/66602_new2_IR-Camera.jpg

stormrider
05-06-2004, 05:48 PM
Sounds to me that you have mutitude of problems and not just 1. If you are pumpimg oil you could have your CPR set wrong, or not funtioning correctly. The TXV superheat could be set wrong. Did you get a TXV that is pressure limiting? Do you have a clean condenser? The compressor in that box is a "extra low temp" its real easy to overload it. What is your amperage at start up, with in the first minute?

keywest
05-15-2004, 01:30 AM
You might want to check the captube size and length if you put to much freon in a traulsen by 5 ounces more or less the coil wont get cold enough this is a critical charge system if it doesnt have a receiver and has a captube system, also take a temperture probe place it in the evaporator charge slowly until the evaporator pulls down to -10 before the efm kick in use a charging scale and if the coil pulls down to at least -7 you should be ok ive had the same problem with traulsen.