PDA

View Full Version : Trane RTAC Liquid level sensor

khonggiansong
10-05-2009, 03:32 AM
Anyone replace new liquid level sensor for RTAC? Can anyone help me to adjust EXV open position by Techview software?
Thanks

ChillerWisperer
10-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Anyone replace new liquid level sensor for RTAC? Can anyone help me to adjust EXV open position by Techview software?
Thanks

Are you asking if anyone has replaced a LLS that has failed soon after replacement or if anyone has replaced a newer style sensor without the float? No to the first question and yes to the second.

Without knowing your level of competancy around these machines, I'm reluctant to offer technical advice that may cause you to injure yourself or damage the machine.

Get your post count up to 15 and apply for pro membership, then we'll talk.

BTW...welcome to the forum.

txhvac
10-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Why do you think the LLS is bad? There are other things which can cause low levels. Need more info here. Are you even familiar w/ the CH530 controls on these machines?

khonggiansong
10-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Are you asking if anyone has replaced a LLS that has failed soon after replacement or if anyone has replaced a newer style sensor without the float? No to the first question and yes to the second.

Without knowing your level of competancy around these machines, I'm reluctant to offer technical advice that may cause you to injure yourself or damage the machine.

Get your post count up to 15 and apply for pro membership, then we'll talk.

BTW...welcome to the forum.

Thank for your advise. My trouble is after replace newer style sensor without the float, the EXV can not open fully. I know that the position of the EXV determined by main processor calculations based on the liquid level control algorithm. But I do not know how to adjust EXV position to full open (before replacement can open 100%).
Binding all sensors is good (green smiling face); High/low pressure ok, Compressor current ok.

@txhvac, thanks

ChillerWisperer
10-06-2009, 04:54 PM
HCMC...HO...CHI...MINH...CITY

Geez!

Well, we have Clinton to thank for that.

stickerhead
10-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Thank for your advise. My trouble is after replace newer style sensor without the float, the EXV can not open fully. I know that the position of the EXV determined by main processor calculations based on the liquid level control algorithm. But I do not know how to adjust EXV position to full open (before replacement can open 100%).
Binding all sensors is good (green smiling face); High/low pressure ok, Compressor current ok.

@txhvac, thanks

Here is a dumb question but is the chiller level?

always looking
10-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Do you mean you can't manually make it go to 100% or you haven't seen it go to 100% while it was running?

khonggiansong
10-14-2009, 03:20 AM
Do you mean you can't manually make it go to 100% or you haven't seen it go to 100% while it was running?

Both of them, first i am sure can make it go to 100% by software or not and haven't seen it go to 100% also while it running even full of load . Do you have experience about it?

always looking
10-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Sorry but I'm not so sure of your grammar. If you can make it go to 100% through Techview manually but it doesn't go to 100% when you observe it run, that is normal. About the only time you will see the EXV at 100% is under heavy load and low on refrigerant.

khonggiansong
10-15-2009, 02:36 AM
Sure, my missing.:oops: