PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying a company

jeff21
03-21-2003, 06:14 PM
Hi, i am Jeff21 located in Lake Worth, Fl. I have acquired my State contractors license for A/C "B" status. I have been considering qualifying a company with my license number. The guy does not want to use the state papers. He wants me to start working for his co. and colllect an hourly wage plus a 10% premium on all contracts that have to have a permit pulled with my license.He just wants to use my contractors number on the trucks that he has on the road. Is this going to put mer in any position of liability? Will I have to leave my number on his trucks when and if I decide I do not want to contimue this venture ? What else do I need to be thinking of ? I have concluded that I am not going to be able to make a go of the busxiness by myself. This guy has qa lot of work that he has brought back from his past business enterprise. Which incedently he did using the same approach as he is proposing to me (*supposedly) Thanks for your help with this.

nero
03-29-2003, 10:56 AM
This same conversation came up the other day about a tech who was hired by a company with the "emphasis" on using his state license status. The company that he worked for evidently could not pass the test & need a license holder to fit the "bills", if you know what I mean. All of the money the company made using the technicians license was taxed to the Tech...now he has had his EPA & state license revolked because he can not pay the $152,000 in taxes. Oh by the way, his personal property has been seized too. A reputable company should not have to use your license. You should be working for them under theirs. That is something you have that should never be taken away.
RUUUNNNNN Forest RUUUUUN!!! Find another company.
When you have Post like this...Post in the General Discussion thread.
__________________________________________________ ________
*A Lady in HVAC*

jeff21
04-01-2003, 09:39 PM
I only used this thread because I was practicing,getting the feel of posting. Up to this point I have only been a passive observer. In the future I will post in The appropriate heading. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT, MUCH APPRECIATED !