PDA

View Full Version : LED Closet lights.

madhat
07-24-2018, 01:09 PM
Bought a pair of "Mr. Beams" battery operated LED Lights. After seven months they are still going strong on original batteries. You reach in the closet the lights turn on, after 20 to 30 seconds of no activity they go off. Sure beats wiring in and installing boxes and switches.

ECtofix
07-28-2018, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the info. Just ordered a two-pack. I have the perfect closet for them.

madhat
07-28-2018, 09:53 AM
If you put two in one closet, you have to position them so the PIR doesn't line up with the other one or only one will light up.

EmiliNickson
07-28-2018, 02:08 PM
I'm thinking about ordering one. So you recommend?

madhat
07-28-2018, 08:50 PM
Yes I recommend them, the ones I got were from BJ's Wholesale. They are round and about the size of a Smoke Detector. Each one requires 4 "C" Cell Batteries, which are not included. BTW If they come on at odd times, look for a BIG Spider 🕷 in the closet. I wimped out and got the bug spray for this one.

DavidDeBord
07-29-2018, 09:28 AM
Bought a pair of "Mr. Beams" battery operated LED Lights. After seven months they are still going strong on original batteries. You reach in the closet the lights turn on, after 20 to 30 seconds of no activity they go off. Sure beats wiring in and installing boxes and switches.

Does this meet the NEC lighting requirements for a large closet, by your Local Building Department madhat?

madhat
07-29-2018, 04:59 PM
These Closets are reach-in, not walk-in. They don't have to have lights at all. I wouldn't think they would met code for a walk-in closet.

DavidDeBord
07-29-2018, 11:17 PM
Thanks Mad, As far as I know, ... One isn't required to "light up" a reach -in closet, by the NEC, so they'd be perfect.

But how do I get my Ole Lady to clean out her closet? She's got so much crap in there, ... It wouldn't matter how much light you put in there, ... You still wouldn't be able to see. :grin2:

mtlmonk
10-22-2018, 12:27 PM
funny story lol

ga-hvac-tech
10-22-2018, 06:39 PM
How do you get the other half to clean out their closet...

Tell them there are gold coins somewhere in there... you forgot where... :D

The potential to spend the $$$... should be a motivator... grin

jackfowler
07-01-2019, 08:18 AM
LED Closet Light is perfect for lighting small spaces like pantries, stairwells and closets. The LED Closet Lights come in a variety of size and.