PDA

View Full Version : Heat Pump strange??

doug1111
08-11-2016, 05:44 PM
R22 - after vacuum / before start up- will only take 6 lbs refrigerant / factory charge 208 oz=13lbs-- is this going to be a problem?? And why (reasons) I can only get 6 lbs in???:gah:

Highheadpressur
08-11-2016, 07:21 PM
Just the vacuum sucked in 6 LBs of refrigerant? Eventually the pressures will equal and no more will go in on its own. It should have enough in it to start and suck in the rest.

heatingman
08-11-2016, 07:30 PM
You need to run the compressor to get the rest in, or use a recovery machine to push it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doug1111
08-11-2016, 08:10 PM
Just the vacuum sucked in 6 LBs of refrigerant? Eventually the pressures will equal and no more will go in on its own. It should have enough in it to start and suck in the rest.
Yes after the vacuum installed only 6 pounds all it would take. Some units will take all of the charge before startup. Imo most of the units take at least 3/4 of the charge. System has other issues just trying to relate if they can only 6 pounds less than half is related to the other issues. Thank you for your reply!

doug1111
08-11-2016, 08:12 PM
You need to run the compressor to get the rest in, or use a recovery machine to push it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for your reply! Recovery system did not think of that thank you

DeputyDawg605
08-11-2016, 09:30 PM
I like to put refrigerant jug in a bucket of hot water to help get it in faster after its Started up. But it should suck the rest in if your system is operating properly.

Bazooka Joey
08-12-2016, 07:26 AM
Possible 10 SEER indoor and OD coil with relatively short lineset vs a 13+ SEER larger ID & OD coil , having longer line set, having a .5 ton or larger ID coil. Less charge unit takes compared to older days with the above conditions?

doug1111
08-12-2016, 07:51 AM
Possible 10 SEER indoor and OD coil with relatively short lineset vs a 13+ SEER larger ID & OD coil , having longer line set, having a .5 ton or larger ID coil. Less charge unit takes compared to older days with the above conditions?
I am trying to help a student fresh out of school. Got to help him out over the phone the job is 3 hours away. Big mess. He went through the scrap pile and made up an air handler. Don't know the coil size blower size. He said he change the line set 25 feet. Used condenser he thinks the reversing solenoid is bad. He worked on this in the pouring down rain got electrocuted 5 times finally gave up at 2 a.m. he did not bring enough refrigerant with him and he was using R424A- now has some R407c big mess he's paying his dues