PDA

View Full Version : 16 SEER Head Pressure

king Mike
07-30-2016, 02:43 PM
Hey Y'all. How do we calculate the head pressure for a unit with 16 SEER? For 13, we add 20 degree to the Ambient... How about the 16 SEER? Thanks y'all.

rider77
07-30-2016, 03:25 PM
What about using SH and SC?

ksefan
07-30-2016, 04:01 PM
Almost as good as beer can cold.

martyinlincoln
07-30-2016, 04:33 PM
Read the charts that come with the unit.

Airplumer
07-30-2016, 04:56 PM
The Subcooling requirement is written on the data plate on the side of the condenser thats far better then what ever it is that yall have been doing

pecmsg
07-30-2016, 05:08 PM
Hey Y'all. How do we calculate the head pressure for a unit with 16 SEER? For 13, we add 20 degree to the Ambient... How about the 16 SEER? Thanks y'all.

The proper way
20* above ambient is not it!

Poodle Head Mikey
07-30-2016, 05:31 PM
You can work this out yourself. 10 SEER was "add thirty" - 13 SEER is "add twenty" - so now that the SEER is another 3 points higher - what do you think happens?

It's the same formula - right?

So obviously 16 SEER is: "add ten". Right?

So of course the 19 SEER units condense right at ambient ("add zero") and anything 20 SEER and higher condense at less than ambient - so with those you have to start subtracting from the ambient. I keep waiting for them to get the SEER rating up into the 50's so can just have the head pressure running exactly the same as the suction. Pretty cool, huh? Another thing to keep in mind that all of what I have written here is a joke and means nothing worthwhile in a technical sense.

PHM
-------

BBeerme
07-30-2016, 05:41 PM
I had a unit awhile back where the head was getting pretty close to the suction, and it was running normally.

Convenience store at about 105*F and outdoor ambient at 60*F.

You can work this out yourself. 10 SEER was "add thirty" - 13 SEER is "add twenty" - so now that the SEER is another 3 points higher - what do you think happens?

It's the same formula - right?

So obviously 16 SEER is: "add ten". Right?

So of course the 19 SEER units condense right at ambient ("add zero") and anything 20 SEER and higher condense at less than ambient - so with those you have to start subtracting from the ambient. I keep waiting for them to get the SEER rating up into the 50's so can just have the head pressure running exactly the same as the suction. Pretty cool, huh? Another thing to keep in mind that all of what I have written here is a joke and means nothing worthwhile in a technical sense.

PHM
-------

Airplumer
07-30-2016, 06:09 PM
So when the new guy puts gauges on a heat pump during the heating season I have a 50 seer unit awesome lol