PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Question

joemach
07-23-2016, 12:04 AM
On MXZ-4C36NAHZ system, do I have to use a Branch Box? I plan on putting in 2 18k wall mount evaps.

Hrdworkingacguy
07-23-2016, 04:52 AM
Yes it needs a branch box...:eek:

joemach
07-23-2016, 08:34 AM
Thanks.

What I do not understand is that I put in a MXZ4B36NA with 2 heads and did not need a branch box. It cam with 4 ports. It is working fine for 4 years.

kklobas
07-23-2016, 11:07 PM
Why would you use a branch box? It does come with four ports already

joemach
07-23-2016, 11:38 PM
Why would you use a branch box? It does come with four ports already

This is what I was told by by distributor counter guy. It does not make sense to me either since I only plan on 2 zones. I am just trying to verify what I was told.

Hrdworkingacguy
07-24-2016, 01:38 AM
http://meus1.mylinkdrive.com/item/MXZ-4C36NAHZ.html

That's where the manuals are. It has a 4C in the model so I would assume four ports on the outdoor unit. But all of the literature but one section points to a branch box type unit...:eek:

knave
07-24-2016, 01:55 AM
That specific model is a branch box unit.

It will only have two piping ports on the unit. You would need the three port branch box....

PN:PAC-MKA30BC

It's confusing. But if you look under the "branch box style parts manual," your model is listed there, and NOT listed under the other manual.
Edit: if your putting in 36k of heads you may need the five port.

joemach
07-24-2016, 09:57 AM

It will only have two piping ports on the unit. You would need the three port branch box....

It's confusing. But if you look under the "branch box style parts manual," your model is listed there, and NOT listed under the other manual.

I am only putting in 2 heads. This is so confusing. I have read nowhere in the literature that a branch box is a requirement.

kklobas
07-24-2016, 10:05 AM
It's not I've done several the last month.the 48k is required. Tell them you want an mxz with two wall mounts. You can go up to five off a condenser. To get to eight ports you have to use a branch box. Spend a little time on my link drive website, great info

knave
07-24-2016, 06:24 PM
It's not I've done several the last month.the 48k is required. Tell them you want an mxz with two wall mounts. You can go up to five off a condenser. To get to eight ports you have to use a branch box. Spend a little time on my link drive website, great info
For the model he posted it is.

joemach
07-24-2016, 07:29 PM

If it only has 2 piping ports, do you mean that there is access to 2 indoor units?

OK. Thanks for the info. I finally found the reference in the pocket guide. I just had to be sure before I submit the bid. Still, I don't get why MXZ-4B36NA does not require a branch box, but MXZ-4C36NAHZ does. Only difference is one is hyper heat and one is not.

I have not good place to put the branch box.

knave
07-24-2016, 07:34 PM
The new branch box does not need a drain. And it can be mounted in any position.

No, it has two connections. A high pressure pipe and a low pressure pipe. Needs to go to the branch box.

joemach
07-24-2016, 07:39 PM

Thanks for the replies!

What I do not understand is that if it has 2 piping ports, do you mean that there is access to 2 indoor units?

Oh wait, I found the reference in the pocket guide. Why in the world would I have to use a branch box with a MXZ-4C36NAHZ and not MXZ-4B36NA. Only difference is the MXZ-4C36NAHZ is hyper heat and the other is not.

I wanted to get this verified to get a bid out.

knave
07-24-2016, 08:01 PM
im sure you get this, but you're hoping right?

An mxz outdoor unit is either
A: a multi head unit, or
B: a branch box unit.

The model number you posted is a branch box unit. If you want a multi head unit, look up a different model. My boss does the same thing. At least you're catching it before it's quoted out.

joemach
07-24-2016, 08:42 PM
Appreciate the advice. Thanks!