PDA

View Full Version : True T72F Door Gasket

mjohnson2981
03-10-2016, 10:52 PM
So... I ordered replacement gaskets for an old T-72F based on the part number list from True.

SN: 594050

P/N: 810802

They match the old ones but don't seem to fit correctly.

The plastic trim on the door has 3 grooves, right? The outside and inside grooves are wider and the center grove is narrower. This gasket (and the old one) fit in the outer grove on top, bottom, and handle side, but on the vertical hinge side it is on the inner groove. Someone has melted a notch to allow the gasket to get from the outer groove to the inner groove at the top and bottom at the hinge side.

The 810803 gasket looks to be an inch wider, and could fit, but I don't know if is correct. I don't see it mentioned for any T72, only the T49. The other number I have seen is a 811135 but it looks like a shorter gasket.

I have an e-mail in to True parts but I haven't heard back.

I don't have enough hands on experience to know different gasket options and I don't want to order another three wrong gaskets.

I can try to get some pictures tomorrow.

Thanks to anyone for help.

itsiceman
03-10-2016, 10:59 PM
The hinge side was correct
It goes in the vertical towards the handle

mjohnson2981
03-10-2016, 11:07 PM
The hinge side was correct
It goes in the vertical towards the handle
That helps, thanks!

The melted spot didnt look factory...

The gasket on the hinge side just barely touches the stainless on the mullion and is just on the black trim. Is that normal? There isn't any door adjustment is there?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

itsiceman
03-10-2016, 11:15 PM
Yes
That's normal
There is a little that can be adjusted top and bottom hinge have oval shaped holes and shims can move in or out

mjohnson2981
03-10-2016, 11:19 PM
Yes
That's normal
There is a little that can be adjusted top and bottom hinge have oval shaped holes and shims can move in or out
Thank you! I'll see if I can tweak it tomorrow.

itsiceman
03-10-2016, 11:23 PM
Gaskets are a PITA
That's why there are companies out there and this is all they do ;)

sledhead18
03-11-2016, 06:57 AM
The worst are on older Traulsen R/I's where the gasket is fit directly into the inner panel and door itself. Almost impossible to the new gasket to seat properly in order to fit properly.

yaytech
03-11-2016, 11:35 PM
The worst are on older Traulsen R/I's where the gasket is fit directly into the inner panel and door itself. Almost impossible to the new gasket to seat properly in order to fit properly.

the foamed in place turds ? yes, i've ran in to a few of those...but, i won't anymore...

trippintl0
03-11-2016, 11:52 PM
It's *probably not melted. They put black silicone underneath where they cut out the notches. If you want the new gasket to seal, is imperative that you silicone underneath the new gasket in the corners like they did at the factory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

mjohnson2981
03-13-2016, 06:50 PM
It's *probably not melted. They put black silicone underneath where they cut out the notches. If you want the new gasket to seal, is imperative that you silicone underneath the new gasket in the corners like they did at the factory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Thank you. After looking closer it almost looks like a mastic. Will black RTV cause an issue coming apart mext time?

mjohnson2981
03-13-2016, 07:10 PM
Did the t72f have a longer lineset coil? This on looks to have 15 feet of lineset. There are 6 loops.. I am thinking someone put 2 together...