PDA

View Full Version : 06d electric unloader

jaybee
01-07-2016, 06:58 PM
Hi everyone ,
Been trying to get a brake down of parts that make up the kit for an electric unloader . The unloader is not working I have checked all the obvious the solenoid is good , good voltage , matched the compressor with curve sheet drawing proper amps under the conditions , however when loaded and unloaded the amps never change.Iwas not there when the compressor was put in so I don't know if the proper gaskets where installed or if they where installed properly or left something out been looking on line but haven't got the info I need . If anybody has any info please reply. Any replies are thanked in advance ( this is suction cutoff unloading )

jaybee
01-07-2016, 10:25 PM
Anyone?????

Chev5372
01-07-2016, 10:51 PM
Sounds like something is not seated right, or the wrong gasket. Amps should change as a well as pressures. I had a booklet from carrier years ago that covered all the Variations. I would think someone would have put on line if you can't get it from the local carrier rep. May be able to get it from a rebuild shop that remans. a lot of 06Ds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaybee
01-08-2016, 03:53 AM
Spoke with a carrier rep and was sent is instructions that had very little info about electric unloaders will look further any more suggestions will be appricated

jaybee
01-08-2016, 04:13 AM
When I take it apart what should I see , should there be a spring if so where ??? I have not been able to get a straight answer from a carrier rep

Chev5372
01-08-2016, 12:22 PM
Check the placement of the gasket between head and unloader body it hard to do wrong, three bolts are not symmetrical . But if one try's hard enough you can get the gasket wrong and block the passages. If you pull the heads the valve plates,heads and gaskets have to be right and match. If not it won't load but you also can run high body temps. Take your time I will try to find that book it's in the garage, lord help me I might not make it back out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remanworld
01-08-2016, 02:31 PM
Was the unloader added recently or is this an old one that for some reason is now not working? By unloader kit do you mean the cylinder head, the valve plate, and the unloader valve? If the unloader was recently added to an existing compressor with an existing suction cut off head, then I would check 2 things. Number 1, a suction cutoff head is fully loaded by inserting a block off tube under the unloader cap. The tube must be removed if an unloader is installed, but alot of techs don't know this and put the unloader in with the tube still in place. The result is the compressor runs fully loaded even though the unloader is trying to unload it. Number 2, the unloader gasket is on wrong. The round tab portion of the gasket should be extending out over the outside edge of the cylinder head. If this is a new installation, check the cylinder head gasket match, There are 4 different 06D head gaskets, and only 1 will work for you. Flip the cylinder head over and match the gasket to the inner web of the gasket, it must match EXACTLY.

The_Sale
01-08-2016, 07:48 PM
Could have some junk in the sleeve preventing the plunger from moving (I've never opened up an unloader solenoid, I assume it's just like a LLSV internally)

jaybee
01-10-2016, 03:00 PM
Could have some junk in the sleeve preventing the plunger from moving (I've never opened up an unloader solenoid, I assume it's just like a LLSV internally)

i think this might be it. i took off the unloader stem and with a screw driver tried to see if the piston (under the plate with the 4 holes) would move and could not get it to move. i guess ill find out when i get all the gaskets