PDA

View Full Version : Tube Deburring Techniques

YELLOW JACKET
06-16-2014, 10:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VueCOJS2TKc

This clip provides an in-depth look at the deburring process and addresses proper technique, tools and safety while deburring.

Danielandersen2
06-16-2014, 11:42 AM
I was asking some of the other techs in the company if they deburred, some actually asked "what for?"

Sent from my van

YELLOW JACKET
06-17-2014, 08:58 AM
If you're very careful with your tubing cutter, you might be able to get away without deburring. The main reasons for deburring are to make a nice smooth flare surface and to remove any loose pieces of copper so they don't get into the system.

Danielandersen2
06-17-2014, 08:59 AM
I'm well aware, some techs don't seem to get it though...

Sent from my van

YELLOW JACKET
06-17-2014, 09:25 AM
.....hoping the video helps them to understand the need. Thanks for your support.

fridg
06-18-2014, 03:44 AM
I always only cut through my tube 3/4 of the way ,,, I was trained this way in 1st year & it has stuck ever since...

This way your cutting wheel is not forcing the burr inside the tubing ,, I can then just brake my tube off....

I still de-burr to get a nice edge , but I do believe it takes less off the wall too...

lytning
06-18-2014, 05:46 AM
I would think you take a chance on flattening the pipe.

I always only cut through my tube 3/4 of the way ,,, I was trained this way in 1st year & it has stuck ever since...

This way your cutting wheel is not forcing the burr inside the tubing ,, I can then just brake my tube off....

I still de-burr to get a nice edge , but I do believe it takes less off the wall too...

fridg
06-18-2014, 05:54 AM
I would think you take a chance on flattening the pipe.

You get to know when it's easy to snap ,,, most times I pull up short & can't snap it ,,,, so a bit more cutting & it snaps like a hot knife through butter...