PDA

View Full Version : YELLOW JACKET Quick Tip: The Importance of Vacuum Pump Oil

YELLOW JACKET
01-13-2014, 06:03 PM
Want to maximize performance and increase the life of your vacuum pump? Start with the proper vacuum pump oil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL30bZiI9JI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL30bZiI9JI&list=PL6FA615EFE1059E6A)

duncan8881
04-27-2014, 01:09 AM
I have a 8cfm super evac and a 7cfm bullet. Any problem with using Refco Oil if yellowjacket oil is not available?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

YELLOW JACKET
04-28-2014, 12:08 PM
Not all oils have the physical and chemical properties required to give you the level of performance you want and need from your vacuum pump. YELLOW JACKET vacuum pump oil is specially formulated in the US and has been tested against strict engineering-driven performance metrics in SuperEvac and BULLET vacuum pumps until it’s met all specifications. The oil is made up of highly refined components that have a unique combination of low vapor pressure and moisture content, together with a high boiling point and oxidation stability level. In other words, it enables the pump to pull a much deeper vacuum than most other vacuum pump oils while lubricating your pump and absorbing contaminants including moisture. This means that your pump will perform better and more efficiently, even after the pump gets hot

itsiceman
04-28-2014, 12:46 PM
That a weird statement.
Wouldn't you want a vacuum pump oil to be resistant to absorbing contaminants?

wptski
04-28-2014, 12:57 PM
That a weird statement.
Wouldn't you want a vacuum pump oil to be resistant to absorbing contaminants?
Nope! That's part of its job to hold contaminants so when you change the oil, they come with it.

duncan8881
04-28-2014, 01:25 PM
I understand that the properties of the oil are critical to achieving a deep vacuum and the longevity of the equipment. But can I use Refco oil or do I need to put a job on hold for the several days min that it take to get YJ oil here ?

itsiceman
04-28-2014, 01:52 PM
Nope! That's part of its job to hold contaminants so when you change the oil, they come with it.
You would rather have the oil get contaminated than the contamination blow out the exhaust of your pump?

itsiceman
04-28-2014, 01:54 PM
I understand that the properties of the oil are critical to achieving a deep vacuum and the longevity of the equipment. But can I use Refco oil or do I need to put a job on hold for the several days min that it take to get YJ oil here ?

I wouldn't hesitate using their oil for one job

duncan8881
04-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Thanks

YELLOW JACKET
04-28-2014, 02:57 PM
It won't hurt your YELLOW JACKET vacuum pump to use another oil....we just can't speak to the performance you'll achieve with that oil.

duncan8881
04-28-2014, 03:04 PM
Awesome that's what I needed to know thanks YJ. Figured as much just thought I'd check .

duncan8881
04-28-2014, 03:08 PM
Do you have recommendation's for cleaning hoses\manifold contaminated with Vacuum pump oil ? Is a flush with Denatured ethanol sufficient? Would it harm the hoses or the manifold ?

YELLOW JACKET
04-28-2014, 03:47 PM
We recommend using a flushing solvent like you would use to flush out a line set.

wptski
04-28-2014, 06:57 PM
You would rather have the oil get contaminated than the contamination blow out the exhaust of your pump?
Just like oil in your vehicle, that's why you change it because of what it catches.

itsiceman
04-28-2014, 07:18 PM
You don't want your car oil to catch crap either. That's what air and oil filters are for.
A cold trap before your pump would act as a air filter on a car.

Yes vacuum pump oil does catch crap but a "better" oil will catch less crap and retain a lower vapor pressure.
When vacuum pump catches crap it's vapor pressure increases and affects your ultimate vacuum.