+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious Problem Need Help!

Post Likes

Serious Problem Need Help!

I work for a very good company for about 6 yrs. and I like working there. So I decided that it would be a good idea for to transfer to the service dept. to better myself. Ever since I told the manager that this is what I wanna do, he was all for it . Now since then I have been getting funny looks, talking bad behind my back, even written me up for something stupid to have something negative in my file. I have talked to some of the guys and alot of them are saying that the ppl in the dept that I work in is trying to sabatage me from being able to transfer out of the installation dept. I have tried to talk to some ppl about the situation and it seems to me that I am not getting any answers. Since I have join I look to ppl on here for good advise and direction even though I don't actually know anybody personally. What do you all think about my situation and what should I do about it? Thanks

Post Likes
    Just get your license and eliminate the BS.

Or I should say, Eliminate that BS and step ino a different kind LOL
    Owner
    All-American Air Conditioning
    Vero Beach, Florida

Post Likes
    Maybe you are right. I always wanted to get my license later on in the future and this could be a sign to go ahead and do it now.

Post Likes

Talking hey hvacs.......

Quote Originally Posted by HVACSvc08 View Post
    Maybe you are right. I always wanted to get my license later on in the future and this could be a sign to go ahead and do it now.
    get used to it , i've been in the trade the better part of 40 yrs and these shops are almost all the same. There is always a clicque of a few hardcore guys and if u don't fit in for any reason personal or professional , they make u miserable in any # of ways. i've always had that problem at shops mostly cause i wouldent hang with them and drink for 3 hrs , drive my van home 1/2 blasted # start on the road to getting a divorce. so i shined them on and went to every available school & became the lead tech & ass't. lead man& service mgr. & really pissed them off. Bottom line , you're gonna find that crap at just about any shop , look straight ahead at your goals , get a strong background especially in building automation and you wan't have to worry about those clowns. they'll be inna same place in 20 yrs and you'll be running a shop or on your own....regards..........Jack

Post Likes
    I work for a very good company for about 6 yrs. and I like working there. So I decided that it would be a good idea for to transfer to the service dept. to better myself. Ever since I told the manager that this is what I wanna do, he was all for it . Now since then I have been getting funny looks, talking bad behind my back, even written me up for something stupid to have something negative in my file. I have talked to some of the guys and alot of them are saying that the ppl in the dept that I work in is trying to sabatage me from being able to transfer out of the installation dept. I have tried to talk to some ppl about the situation and it seems to me that I am not getting any answers. Since I have join I look to ppl on here for good advise and direction even though I don't actually know anybody personally. What do you all think about my situation and what should I do about it? Thanks
    If they want to stonewall you they will and you're SOL. If you've talk to the right peolpe and feel as thought you are getting stone walled then it may bes a good time to find a new job doing Service work.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rojacman View Post
    get used to it , i've been in the trade the better part of 40 yrs and these shops are almost all the same. There is always a clicque of a few hardcore guys and if u don't fit in for any reason personal or professional , they make u miserable in any # of ways. i've always had that problem at shops mostly cause i wouldent hang with them and drink for 3 hrs , drive my van home 1/2 blasted # start on the road to getting a divorce. so i shined them on and went to every available school & became the lead tech & ass't. lead man& service mgr. & really pissed them off. Bottom line , you're gonna find that crap at just about any shop , look straight ahead at your goals , get a strong background especially in building automation and you wan't have to worry about those clowns. they'll be inna same place in 20 yrs and you'll be running a shop or on your own....regards..........Jack
    Man, you and fcs hit it right on the head. Yall described everything that I going thru like you actually seeing me go thru it. I really feel like I can really achieve alot in this field because I have so far. Jack I just can't put in words on how much pain that I have build inside of ppl holding me back that it's tearing me apart inside. I really appreciate the positive words that you and fcs have said b/c I really needed it. Any more advise that you or anybody that reads this PLEASE I am all ears........Mark

Post Likes
    Be your own man whatever the consequences, just be a decent human being and help others when you can!

Post Likes
    Good luck get you resume out there.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Post Likes

Confused o yeah..........

Quote Originally Posted by shogun8 View Post
    Be your own man whatever the consequences, just be a decent human being and help others when you can!
    leave those losers at the side of the road and just "keep yer eye on the pie" , you said a mouthfull in a short post , our young friend needs to toughen up a bit and just worry about his education. I may relate one day some of the trash i put up with , not pretty.........Jack

Post Likes
    Now that I have talked to ppl here I have been focused more on getting more education and adding to my experience in this field. I am in the process in joining RSES and I also ride with some of the service guys on the weekends. Are there any other ways I could better futher my education in HVAC?

Post Likes
    Read, read and read some more. Install manuals that come with the equipment have a wealth of information in them these days. Know the equipment you are installing inside and out. Become the guy the others need for answers and you will be just fine. Hand in there and your time will come either with that company or another.

Post Likes
    get in the UA service apprenticeship. learn while you earn , sounds like your on the right track i would rather have a guy with your attitude that doesnt know anything ,because I can teach them ,a lot of guys take some classes and think they know it all . been in this field for 16+ years and still learning

Post Likes

further your education

Now that I have talked to ppl here I have been focused more on getting more education and adding to my experience in this field. I am in the process in joining RSES and I also ride with some of the service guys on the weekends. Are there any other ways I could better futher my education in HVAC?
    rses is a great first step with their meetings and seminars . i don't know if you've fully explored this site and all the links they have provided and all the resources avail here but it is truly amazing . Check out Dan Holohans' website , also chock full of q&a stuff. Sign up for this sites magazine , it's free to us and it's loaded with every kind of subject in our field . it's called "contracting business" and their online version goes back 6 months or so to get some relavent articles u can print out. In our area most of the supply houses have seminars , just get on a mailing list . i hope u have good study habits too & like to read , ojt is necessary but there are things u need also in books thats hard to get from guys on the jobsite. Just start somewhere along these lines + what all the others recommend & you'll be fine 'cause u got good attitude & i know you'll go far..........Jack

Post Likes
    Imma do all that I can in order to better myself in this field. Do you know any books, online traning, etc. that you recommend?

Post Likes
    he's right if you want to get an idea on steam systems Dan Holohans websight (heatinghelp.com) is a great sight and his book the lost art of steam heating is killer, all his books are great

Post Likes
    Hey Bud, my guess is you were making them more money doing installs and now your learning the service side and it takes time. Doing installs is fine, I think it's a young mans game thou, I agree with the other guys, go online get the manuals of the stuff your seeing and read read read. good luck.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ccut View Post
    Hey Bud, my guess is you were making them more money doing installs and now your learning the service side and it takes time. Doing installs is fine, I think it's a young mans game thou, I agree with the other guys, go online get the manuals of the stuff your seeing and read read read. good luck.
    You might be right. But it would be nice to show some kind of appreciation if that is the case. All I want to do is to better myself in order to be a better person in this field.

Post Likes
    Seems like most of the guys I have worked with in the past dont want to help the new guys ,and try to make them look bad to make themselfs look better . my problem is I get yelled at because my phone bill is so high due to helping the apprentices , I work for the factory now so it seems like most of the mechanics are like me ,older guys that try to help the younger guys ,most of the guys I work with now also teach at the Union Hall so maybe thats why there willing to help

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecarr View Post
    Seems like most of the guys I have worked with in the past dont want to help the new guys ,and try to make them look bad to make themselfs look better . my problem is I get yelled at because my phone bill is so high due to helping the apprentices , I work for the factory now so it seems like most of the mechanics are like me ,older guys that try to help the younger guys ,most of the guys I work with now also teach at the Union Hall so maybe thats why there willing to help
    All I wanna do is to better myself. If somebody would give a chance, they will not be disappointed.

Post Likes
    *Update* I found a few companies that are willing let me do service work even though I only have about a yr. of experience. I went back and told the guys that I work for my 2 week notice now they want to work with me in transfering me to the service dept. What do you think?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in