+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faulty parts right out of the box.

Post Likes

Confused Faulty parts right out of the box.

It seems that I am getting more and more bad parts right out of the box or only working for a very short while. Am I just unlucky or is anyone else seeing this problem? I have had more sequencers and thermostats go south early than any other replacement part lately.

Post Likes
    I've had sequencers fail in a short period of time. We switched brands and haven't had any trouble with the new brand. Knock on wood.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by welling service View Post
    It seems that I am getting more and more bad parts right out of the box or only working for a very short while. Am I just unlucky or is anyone else seeing this problem? I have had more sequencers and thermostats go south early than any other replacement part lately.
    must be using white rodgers parts

Post Likes
    T87 seem to all be junk but most don't work at all

Post Likes
    I have a small Mountain of Honeywell t87s and aquastats

Post Likes
    We unwrapped a brand new carrier furnace, and found this.

Name:  CA_01261323240043-M.jpg
Views: 1165
Size:  48.1 KB

The blower was separated from the mounts.
    Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, and Loyalty is returned.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-blew View Post

That will certianly help speed up the trouble shooting when the customer calls complaining about noise lol.

Post Likes
    The "bulk" sequencers from Johnstone are usually ok, but i've had a bunch of em lately that are prone to failure. I save em up and return them when I get to go to town. Doesn't make me happy to replace them under warranty, but as long as Johnstone continues to warranty them for a year, I'll continue to buy from them.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Post Likes
    I refuse to use T87s of any type, not even on the truck!!!!.

Put in a powered stat and forget it, battery operated or "C".

as for sequencers, yes there has been some quick failures. sometimes, if it is the same unit, I am looking for a reason and rarely find one. if all checks out connection, power and operation wise all you can do is replace the sequencer.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA too funny

Post Likes
    I have been using LuxPro stats for several years now and seeing more failures than I used to. I got a call from a church on Christmas Eve with no heat. Turned out to be the thermostat. We installed a Braeburn stat and right out of the box it would not output on "W" terminal. back in the summer we had replaced an old package heat pump with a Westinghouse dual fuel heat pump and the customer loved it. Got a called from the customer a couple of weeks ago that it wasn't keeping the house warm. The temp had been in the high twenties for a few days. The Braeburn stat quit outputting on "W" terminal. The unit was heating on heat pump only and with the temp being so cold we only had an eighteen degree rise in the supply air. I wished there was some way to charge the manufacturer with this service call. I hate charging the customer. It is not his fault nor is it mine. Had the same problem with a LuxPro heat pump stat about the same time. I think the problem is with the pin connectors on the stat that plug into the base. I say this because I checked the output at the pins and had continuity there. Replaced the stats and solved the problem.

Post Likes
    Just had the second hydrostat 3150 boiler control bad out of the box, I love the control but I cant keep on changing them before i leave the service call The one before this one was on Christmas eve, and you guys know the story, no supply house open, but I was lucky and had a new one sitting on my work bench(with temp reset contol option) for my house and never put it in, so it saved my ars.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    must be using white rodgers parts
    +1
    I refuse to buy White Rodgers parts because of their poor quality.

Post Likes
    When did AMF buy Carrier?

Name:  carrier.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  18.1 KB

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by welling service View Post
    I have been using LuxPro stats for several years now and seeing more failures than I used to.
    We installed a Braeburn stat and right out of the box it would not output on "W" terminal. The Braeburn stat quit outputting on "W" terminal. I wished there was some way to charge the manufacturer with this service call.
    I hate charging the customer. It is not his fault nor is it mine.
    the easy way is to use a quality product and in my experience neither of these are.

If I see either of these mfr stats in a house I note it and inform customer they got what they paid for.

with the exception of the new T87, I cannot remember an issue with a HW stat after initial install in the last 6 years. there have been the occasional out of the box issues and most of those are on the higher end units.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes

I would call them and tell them thanks for being honest.

Post Likes
    Not sure if this is legitimate or not, but I heard that chinese manufactured parts are only required to pass quality control at 57% (???)
    Whereas, here in the states it is more like 78%(???)
    Anyone have solid numbers on that?

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    Trane really bad with there "Ignition Probe"
    New out of the box with hair line crack, so annoying.

Post Likes
    Had a bad Chinese condenser fan motor bad right out of the box. Fired it up and the bearings sounded horrible. I gave it a few minutes to quiet down.......no luck. Can't charge a customer 4 hours to change a motor. Is this what it has come to?
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Post Likes
    Whats not to love about Chinese capacitors nestled in soaked boxes leaking Yak fat right on the wholesaler's shelves. Talk about more warranty work than you can shake a stick at. Try as I might, getting stuff made in the USA is getting next to impossible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in