+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cooltube

Post Likes

Cooltube

Okay fellas, anyone played with these yet?
    http://www.cooltube.com/
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    I've used one before. It was an a oooooold hussmann salad bar which wasn't designed to maintain temperature requirements by today's standards.

Installed cool tube, aimed it right at the bottoms of the pans and it's been running great since, no problem maintaining product temperatures below 41*

Post Likes
    These have been talked about here before...as far back as 2004:

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=59548

...and again in 2011:

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=888172

So they've been around for a while.

I can't see how they can cram as much capacity into a given length as compared to a finned coil of the same length.

How would do you control one with a constant cut-in tstat?

I see condensate drain issues, too.

Post Likes
    I haven't played with one yet, just saw a flyer at the supply house this morning. Looks to me like it has potential and I'll be looking for an opportunity to try it out.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

Post Likes
    Saw the literature at Jordon Supply... priced out a small one, and they are a couple of times more than a Bohn coil.
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by baub View Post
    Saw the literature at Jordon Supply... priced out a small one, and they are a couple of times more than a Bohn coil.
    The cost of the Bohn coil retrofit blows me out of the water 90% of the time, so what's the chances for this one?

Post Likes
    Pretty sure the health dept. around my neck of the woods wouldn't go for it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PMARS2345 View Post
    Pretty sure the health dept. around my neck of the woods wouldn't go for it.
    Why?

Post Likes

Smile

I've dealt with them before. Durable and well built. Won't succumb to corrosion from food vapors over time like others. Axial fans on the end it they go bad - simple to replace. Movable vents to more precisely direct air flow.

Post Likes
    Worked on them when I used to do resturants. They worked well salad bars and on cook prep lines.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in