+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Radon Sensors

Post Likes

Radon Sensors

Any of you guys monitor radon in a building?

Looking for a sensor that can measure radon with 4-20ma / 0-10v output and not having much luck.

Post Likes
    I have never done it.
    I found this product with a 4-20ma or 0-10v output:
    http://www.barnsteadthermolyne.com/e...ctPDF_7597.pdf

Post Likes

Thumbs up

We have a few homes that were built in an area identified as a Radon Hot Zone.
    We were required to add forced ventilation into the crawl space.
    But no requirement to monitor.
    Most of the home buyers probably didn’t read the mouse print of their purchase agreement, and have no idea the blowers are in the crawl.
    There was no requirement to supply any alarms to notify the residence if the blowers fail either.
    If anyone knows of a good monitoring system for Radon; I would be interested in that info as well

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by digo View Post
    I have never done it.
    I found this product with a 4-20ma or 0-10v output:
    http://www.barnsteadthermolyne.com/e...ctPDF_7597.pdf
    Looking at the datasheet its hard to tell if it will output 4-20 in relation to radon or if it just measures the radon to increase accurcy of the particulate count.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ARoss View Post
    We have a few homes that were built in an area identified as a Radon Hot Zone.
    We were required to add forced ventilation into the crawl space.
    But no requirement to monitor.
    Most of the home buyers probably didn’t read the mouse print of their purchase agreement, and have no idea the blowers are in the crawl.
    There was no requirement to supply any alarms to notify the residence if the blowers fail either.
    If anyone knows of a good monitoring system for Radon; I would be interested in that info as well
    Google the "Safety Siren Pro Series" and you will find a suitable device for residential stuff. I need something for commercial buildings, preferably with wall & duct mounted options.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Google the "Safety Siren Pro Series" and you will find a suitable device for residential stuff. I need something for commercial buildings, preferably with wall & duct mounted options.
    Great..
    I'll check into this line.

Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Looking at the datasheet its hard to tell if it will output 4-20 in relation to radon or if it just measures the radon to increase accurcy of the particulate count.
    I found this other pdf titled The State-of-the-Art in Sensor Technology for DCV. It's a bit dated (2005), but it has some good info on various emerging sensor technologies at that time.

Radon starts on page 70, and there's a nice table on pages 73-74 with various different sensors available at the time. It seems like the majority have a rs-232 interface.

The paper also mentions a DCV system in a lecture theater in Hong Kong using radon along with CO2 as a controlling variable.

Post Likes
    I am just wondering if you had any success finding any Radon monitoring equipment that could be connected to a BAS. I have a customer with the same requirements that you mention in your original post. I have been looking and am not having much luck. In this day with all the concerns for IEQ i would have thought there was something readily available. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in