+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pre-dawn Monday morning ramblings

Post Likes

Pre-dawn Monday morning ramblings

Pseudo-intellectualism is a condition that causes a person to believe that the more words used to respond to a question, the more intelligent he or she appears. For example, if someone offers you a cup of coffee and asks, "Would you like sugar?" the normal response is either yes or no. However, the pseudo-intellectual might respond with a 15 minute lecture on the economic impact of global warming on the world sugar market. In advanced cases, the person suffers from the delusion that they have actually answered the question.

Pseudo-intellectualism should not be confused with its’ nearly identical cousin, "Politicus Craponus". This is an intentional practice that is used in an attempt to totally avoid answering a question. It is employed quite frequently, and very often successfully, by politicians.
    Last edited by fixacr; 11-08-2010 at 09:38 AM.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Post Likes
    So what's with the popgun? Should I get all scared or be impressed?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by deerwhistle View Post
    So what's with the popgun? Should I get all scared or be impressed?
    Couldn't find a good picture of my CC weapon, so I took one myself and use it as my avatar to symbolize my support of the Second Amendment. Why would you be scared or impressed by a picture?
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fixacr View Post
    Couldn't find a good picture of my CC weapon, so I took one myself and use it as my avatar to symbolize my support of the Second Amendment. Why would you be scared or impressed by a picture?
    He's probably scared by the Constitution, too.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Post Likes
    Well see,at first they used the stars and the sun to Gage time even though I'm not sure they even called it time.
    The Romans I believe used a sand dial later on different mechanical means were used until finally today children can't even read a chronograph.

Oh yeah it's 2:16 pm sry
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    He's probably scared by the Constitution, too.
    I bet if you rolled it up and hit someone with it .. well it might hurt!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in