Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R22 phase out-compressors?

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes

beenthere - let me just answer your question directly:

Beenthere quote- "How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?"

Easy -

Until they give up and buy a new system.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Beenthere quote- "How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?"

Easy -

Until they give up and buy a new system.
    I thought it was as many times as it takes, till they address the problem and not the symptom.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    Post Likes

But that's only true for me and you -

I was talking about almost everyone else. <g>

PHM
    ----------

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    I thought it was as many times as it takes, till they address the problem and not the symptom.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    R-22 doesn't care what oil it has under it. For example; 22 runs fine in 404 compressors. And R-22 runs lower pressures than R-410 so the compressor would be perhaps less stressed than usual.

What is it about my speculation which astonishes you?

PHM
    ------------
    If 22 works fine in a 404 system, then that is good to know. However, I don't think that we are supposed to be mixing oils. Mineral oils and POE oils don't mix if I am not mistaken. Are the ones that are changing to 410A systems not changing linesets or flushing the old linesets out with R11 or some other method?
    As far as the compressors go, I have heard that the 410A systems draw less amperage. This seems odd to me because they run at higher head pressure, which directly affects amp draw. Now, if they do actually draw a lower amperage (perhaps due to the lower weight of the charge as has been refered to), then the compressors probably wouldn't last long pushing all of that 22. Quite frankly, I am suprised to hear you guys even discussing this when you won't hear of working on a mismatched unit that works perfectly fine.
    Lets please get off of the engineering and try to clear up some questions that we all need to know for the upcoming 2010 conversion. I am asking these questions with good intentions because I have not worked on any 410 A units and probably won't until I install one on a side job. Thanks

Post Likes
    You can just blow out the line set.
    I prefer to install new.

If you treat R410A, the way you are suppose to treat R22, your covered.

Don't believe everything you hear about lower amps.

A 13 SEER r22, and a 13 SEER R410A, providing the same BTUs, will draw the same amperage at the same voltage.(ok maybe a couple tenths difference)

Post Likes

nchvac -

Sorry about that. Didn't mean to hijack your thread.

The answer to your question is: forget about the concern.

R-22 compressors will be made for decades to come. So long as there is a market - the compressors will be there.

PHM
    --------
    PHM
    --------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in