Thread: liquid line capacity

Post Likes

liquid line capacity

Approximately how much R22 does 94 feet of 3/8 copper line hold? My system had a leak in the evap coil and it is being replaced this week. Fortunately under Lennox Complete care warranty(parts and labor). The company wants to charge a lot per pound per LB for the R22 charge. Approximately what 3 30LB tanks would cost. My system was factory charged with 10.13 LBS. I assume you have to compensate for the liquid line length. I need to get some pricing for this, but obviously have to know how much my line holds first. Thanks.

Post Likes
    The line holds about 3.5 lbs. The price per lb will be a lot higher than what you might think. There is paperwork required, and other services and fees associated with the R22. However you should not be charged for more lbs that is required.

paul

Post Likes
    Thank you very much Tecman. I realize there is more to it, but the price seemed excessive in this case. At least I now know what I need and can compare apples to apples. Thanks again.

Post Likes
    Sounds like a fair price for how much they will be putting in.

Post Likes
    $XX per lb is a fair price?

Post Likes
    A. No prices please, its in the rules.
    B. Yes it is.

My price method isn't T&M, so the way it would look on my bill might be different, but the price would be about the same.

I know you think that is a terrible amount to charge for it. But its not. I know how much profit is made on it. And its not near what you think. Not even on that price.

Post Likes
    Just thinking about all the tools that are used to properly balance a system justify's the charge in my mind...

Of course my mind is a little twisted at times

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    A. No prices please, its in the rules.
    B. Yes it is.

My price method isn't T&M, so the way it would look on my bill might be different, but the price would be about the same.

I know you think that is a terrible amount to charge for it. But its not. I know how much profit is made on it. And its not near what you think. Not even on that price.

Yes I'm sorry. Ok fair is fair. That is the only thing that is relevant. Thanks.

Post Likes
    i could be very wrong but i believe refrigerant is also covered as part of the repair with complete care

Like i said i could be very wrong about that because it has been a while since i dealt with them

Post Likes
    I'm trying to find that out. I believe it is only covered with a complete care plus plan, not the standard complete care plan. When I go to their website I only see Complete Care PLus. Perhaps they simply changed the name? I see no mention of Freon in the warranty. But I also see no mention or suggestion that it is not covered. Perhaps someone knows for sure?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker service tech View Post
    i could be very wrong but i believe refrigerant is also covered as part of the repair with complete care

Like i said i could be very wrong about that because it has been a while since i dealt with them
    'Thanks Tinknocker for bringing this up. It now appears that Lennox Complete Care will pay for R22 Recharge and Coil Replacement.

Today is a good day.

Post Likes
    That is a perfect example of why extended warranties are worth the money.

Most techs here recommend it to the homeowners who are getting a new system.

Post Likes
    I insisted on 10 years parts and labor.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in