+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another CVHE question

Post Likes
    To the OP why has the lead tech not been on the phone with lacross since the issue started or have they?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by FixItRight View Post
    It is only 15 for pro right?
    you could be right...
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by FixItRight View Post
    To the OP why has the lead tech not been on the phone with lacross since the issue started or have they?

I am not sure if he has talked with tech support or not. I will follow up if I hear anything. As of right now it is all quiet. Not that that means it is fixed.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcamp View Post
    For what it is worth I am an apprentice with Trane factory service and sometimes I don't feel like I get the best answers from some of the other technicians. Therefore I've come here seeking more understanding...but I have to get my post count up to post in the Pro Forums, right?
    So you're an apprentice for the service agency that's a part of the same company that designed and manufactured the machine, with probably more than a handful of "seasoned" techs in your office, and you have to come to an open internet service forum to try and get answers as to why the chiller in question has a problem? Comment deleted for lack of civility Oddly enough, I know of another manufacturer with that same issue........

Post Likes
    I think someone's going to end up getting called into the office for a little 'chat'.

Post Likes
    ...As an apprentice I ask a lot of questions and it is frustrating not being able to get answers from the older guys I work with. I don't think that anyone that I work with is too clear on what is going on with the chiller in question....
    Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    So you're an apprentice for the service agency that's a part of the same company that designed and manufactured the machine, with probably more than a handful of "seasoned" techs in your office, and you have to come to an open internet service forum to try and get answers as to why the chiller in question has a problem? ........
    some techs will tell you to keep your mouth shut and your ears open....good advice.

i have seen some techs say that because they can't answer any questions because they don't know the answer and they are grasping at straws.

which camp are you in? you probably will never know. i hope that there is at least someone in your organization that will act like a true teacher....find them and ask lots of questions, but do your homework and be prepared to answer their questions when they are teaching you.

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    I think someone's going to end up getting called into the office for a little 'chat'.
    maybe a nun using a ruler on the knuckles....fear or fantasy?

too much?

Post Likes
    Try asking your question on "Tech Connect".

Post Likes
    Well the oil scavenger line from the evaporator is open about 1/8-1/4, I know that for sure.

I also know that the vent line solenoid is NO.

As far as I know before the overhaul the chiller had oil return problems, but I'm not sure what else was behind the decision to overhaul. I know that it is a bid job. We do not have a contract with the customer.

I agree that there are a lot of unknowns. I was hoping there might be an easy answer or something that would ease my mind about whether what I'll call the mechanical overhaul part was done correctly.

As far as water temperatures and flow, I think that it is possible that they might have something to do with the problem considering the cold oil temperatures and oil return problems that existed before the overhaul.

Regarding the open forum, I apologize for the depth that this is getting into. For what it is worth I am an apprentice with Trane factory service and sometimes I don't feel like I get the best answers from some of the other technicians. Therefore I've come here seeking more understanding...but I have to get my post count up to post in the Pro Forums, right?
    Ahhh you're finally breaking free from being Tranewashed, get away while you can!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron604 View Post
    Ahhh you're finally breaking free from being Tranewashed, get away while you can!
    Don't pick the fly crap out of the pepper.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    I love Star Wars !!!!

Aaron is just shot out lol

He's lucky to have a job

-hehe
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron604 View Post
    i used to work for trane and left to work for JCI...everybody can just be quiet about that for awhile .

i really like trane equipment but the office i worked for wasn't working out for me anymore.

why are you so pissed at trane? every post is about shooting trane down. if you have a problem with the local office, then fine, some aren't so great to outside people. if you are ticked about the equipment, then fine, but give it a little rest here....we get it. post positive stuff. if you are going to post negative stuff, then be specific.

Post Likes
    Just a few years ago he was looking to start his apprenticeship, now he's an expert and Trane is a POS......

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    So you're an apprentice for the service agency that's a part of the same company that designed and manufactured the machine, with probably more than a handful of "seasoned" techs in your office, and you have to come to an open internet service forum to try and get answers as to why the chiller in question has a problem? Comment deleted for lack of civility Oddly enough, I know of another manufacturer with that same issue........

Does it rhyme with JORK?
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GT Jets View Post
    Does it rhyme with JORK?
    It shall remain a mystery except in the imaginations of those who know........

Post Likes
    I haven't checked the forum in a couple of days. The responses to my thread really piled up.

I don't know every detail about the job in question and I don't have all the info that the older techs have at work.

I posted b/c I was interested in learning more about what I remember about the job and the concerns that I have about it. I appreciate the insight and thoughts with regards to what I posted.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in