+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Accessing with Android

Post Likes
    I changed password, got a notice yesterday that my password was over 5 days old and needed to be changed. I hope this doesn't happen evert 5 days.😊

Post Likes

3. Likes lytning liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Real nice Marc.. your normal cheerful response.
    It's also quite true. It's what I was told by a moderator here when you all were going through your virus/adware/malware problems, trashing people's equipment, because you require ads here. Sooo... sorry if the truth hurts. well, not really.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Not true at all Marc

This site will run on blocked or non blocked ad ware software browsers. Always has and nothing you said is new.

To keep the site clean and running smoothly we must take EVERYONE in to consideration not just a iPhone or Android member. But... I'm used to you bucking the system instead of being helpful to all.

FYI... we may be altering this site to a different software platform more friendly to smart devices but it must work for everyone. I think about everyone when I make changes here. Calling what we do here lame is just not warranted.

6. Likes hedrash, Mr Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Not true at all Marc

This site will run on blocked or non blocked ad ware software browsers. Always has and nothing you said is new.

To keep the site clean and running smoothly we must take EVERYONE in to consideration not just a iPhone or Android member. But... I'm used to you bucking the system instead of being helpful to all.

FYI... we may be altering this site to a different software platform more friendly to smart devices but it must work for everyone. I think about everyone when I make changes here. Calling what we do here lame is just not warranted.
    And, as is usual, you have a bug up your butt about me. You didnt COMPREHEND. I never said the site wont run on ad-blocked devices. I said no one who runs ad blocking software will get SUPPORT with site software. That's what a Moderator told me.

See now?

Requiring users to be exposed to what amounts to SPAM in order to receive support is lame.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Man.... arguing with an admin. I'm new & don't think that's such a great idea. Somehow I think Dad is doing this to further our industry & stop the impression we're "thieves and crooks," which I think most people here would admit is doing such. HVAC/R is about comraderie, not squabbling. If the platform/forum isn't to your liking you can private message Dad. As a service manager/instructor, I find admonishing anyone on a public forum is inadvisable. If you've got a qualm, sort it out privately. The rest of us here are proud to be members & deal with glitches, which ARE INHERENT TO ANY PLATFORM. I'm sure you mean well Marc, but publicly admonishing Dad is something I think you should keep private. No offense to you Marc, sorry to interject, but considering the volume of people here who're want to learn & grow our trade into something great again. Dad, I know that you can fight your own battles, please don't think I don't understand that... but I consider it rude especially because I'm used to administration and it's far from "clicking your heels together" & magically fixing everything. On my behalf & I'm sure many others, thank you Dad.

We can control fire & ice.....

9. Likes lytning liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    And, as is usual, you have a bug up your butt about me. You didnt COMPREHEND. I never said the site wont run on ad-blocked devices. I said no one who runs ad blocking software will get SUPPORT with site software. That's what a Moderator told me.

See now?

Requiring users to be exposed to what amounts to SPAM in order to receive support is lame.
    Calling BS. We don't require anything from anyone. You don't have to be here but it is your choice to. As far as the SPAM comment.. you mean the ads that pay for the site so you and others can be here? As far as support, you can always pick up the phone and call tech support, yes? Marc, somehow I think you are cynical more than ever these days.

Hedrash, it's normal that Marc and I debate. Notice we aren't calling each other four letter words. Just is what Marc is about and I understand that, he understands that about me too. He has an important place on HTalk. If for nothing else his way of looking at things at a different slant.

11. Likes hedrash, HVAC_Marc, Mr Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Marc is a four letter word

13. Likes HVAC_Marc, hedrash, BALloyd liked this post.
    Post Likes
    BTW Apple iOS market share is on a decline scraping all time lows.

15. Likes hedrash, lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Calling BS. We don't require anything from anyone.
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 171
Size:  13.0 KB

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?1878531-Malware

This was in response to the problem of the viruses/worms being served up through the ads. Robb said he cannot help unless the ads are in place (ergo, no ad blocker). I wasnt going to allow all of the problems that other users had just for your SPAM. The only problem I had, which all the other users also had, was a lack of formatting.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    So is NEST, and a whole host of other nasty words
    Nest is POO!!

18. Likes hedrash liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Ouch

Post Likes
    So is NEST, and a whole host of other nasty words
    Oh I will so agree with you there. I will admit Google fixed them slightly, but honestly, hockey pucks??? That would've been innovative in the 70's

21. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad
    ...it's normal that Marc and I debate. Notice we aren't calling each other four letter words. Just is what Marc is about and I understand that, he understands that about me too. He has an important place on HTalk. If for nothing else his way of looking at things at a different slant.
    I've been thinking about this all day. I respect Dad and what he does here. He respects me, if not for what I provide, but at least for who I am. I've never met him, but I'm sure we would mesh just fine in a real world atmosphere. No matter how we disagree on method, view point or in other areas we have never once fallen to personal attacks. It's a shame that more people here can't remember that there are actually real people on the other side of the screen and on the other side of those words or pictures. Additionally, they have many of the same problems and stressors that anyone else does. Remember that... Just because someone (Dad ) is like loose sandpaper in your shorts some days doesnt mean there is free license to attack.

Any other expanded discussion on this subject is more a discussion for ARP, but it is what it is.
    Nest is POO!!

23. Likes hedrash liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I've been thinking about this all day. I respect Dad and what he does here. He respects me, if not for what I provide, but at least for who I am. I've never met him, but I'm sure we would mesh just fine in a real world atmosphere. No matter how we disagree on method, view point or in other areas we have never once fallen to personal attacks. It's a shame that more people here can't remember that there are actually real people on the other side of the screen and on the other side of those words or pictures. Additionally, they have many of the same problems and stressors that anyone else does. Remember that... Just because someone (Dad ) is like loose sandpaper in your shorts some days doesnt mean there is free license to attack.

Any other expanded discussion on this subject is more a discussion for ARP, but it is what it is.
    Well written Marc.

25. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hedrash View Post
    Well written Marc.

The blue V in your Tapatalk means you're a VIP of Tapatalk - you paid for the software.
    Nest is POO!!

27. Likes hedrash liked this post.
    Post Likes
    The blue V in your Tapatalk means you're a VIP of Tapatalk - you paid for the software.
    Yeah I googled that the other day & finally figured it out.

29. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Is there any advantage in giving TT any money?

31. Likes hedrash liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    No ads and you make them richer
    Nest is POO!!

33. Likes hedrash liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Dunno. First month free & $0.99/month. Forget what they give me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in