+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jace Server 1-way communication

Post Likes

Jace Server 1-way communication

Now I have the same problem on two sites. The Web supervisor can communicate down to the field jace. The field jace will not communicate back up to the Web supervisor. When I go to the Niagara network in the field jace the supervisor is yellow or offline. I force connections, discard it and re-discover it, discard it and manually redo the whole thing, all unsuccessful (connection timed out). Therefore, I cannot import schedules from the Web supervisor. I have other sites set-up the same way without a problem. I believe it's some sort of IT problem because I'm kind of transcending across networks. I like to have some ammo before I contact the IT departments, because both of them are pretty much unapproachable. Not that it should matter, all this stuff is JCI branded. Thanks in advance for any helpful input.

Post Likes
    Are the Niagara station(s) in the Jace(s) named identically to the Web Sup?

Password and Permissions set on both ends match?

Post Likes
    The names are different, I usually setup a machine user account (m2m) with the password 1234. I tried the standard (admin) account at one site, still no luck.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mechdorn View Post
    The names are different, I usually setup a machine user account (m2m) with the password 1234. I tried the standard (admin) account at one site, still no luck.
    Make them the same name as whatever the Sup is named and give it a go.

Also might want to look at the fault cause in the property sheet.

Post Likes
    The station name has to be identical in each devices Niagara network.
    i.e. if WebSup was your supervisor stations name , then WebSup should be the name in each Jace under its Niagara network.

Can you discover the supervisor at each Jace but then later not communicate?
    Cos if you had a port blocked by a firewall, I wouldnt expect you to even be able to discover the supervisor.
    Tried pinging the supervisor from the Jace?
    Jace to Jace Niagara communications is ok I take it?

Just a few thoughts.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith D View Post
    The station name has to be identical in each devices Niagara network.
    i.e. if WebSup was your supervisor stations name , then WebSup should be the name in each Jace under its Niagara network.

Can you discover the supervisor at each Jace but then later not communicate?
    Cos if you had a port blocked by a firewall, I wouldnt expect you to even be able to discover the supervisor.
    Tried pinging the supervisor from the Jace?
    Jace to Jace Niagara communications is ok I take it?

Just a few thoughts.
    Chris has eluded to the same with the naming function, I can probably do this because I only have 2 jaces on one supervisor. Like I said, I have other sites that I don't have an issue with different names. I'm more than willing to give it a try. If true, than what? If it were a college campus or a convent-int store chain and I had 20-30 jaces on a Web supervisor I don't think they should all have the same name. That's a problem for the future Homer Simpson, today I gladly like to resolve the issue at hand. I'm currently working on a site with two different suites side by side with Web supervisors in place. The jobs are tiny small, but complex (chemical labs) without tenants in place. I can experiment without public outcry. Thanks for your thoughts and input.

Post Likes
    Chris has eluded to the same with the naming function, I can probably do this because I only have 2 jaces on one supervisor. Like I said, I have other sites that I don't have an issue with different names. I'm more than willing to give it a try. If true, than what? If it were a college campus or a convent-int store chain and I had 20-30 jaces on a Web supervisor I don't think they should all have the same name. That's a problem for the future Homer Simpson, today I gladly like to resolve the issue at hand. I'm currently working on a site with two different suites side by side with Web supervisors in place. The jobs are tiny small, but complex (chemical labs) without tenants in place. I can experiment without public outcry. Thanks for your thoughts and input.
    Name Jace #1 building_one

Name Jace #2 building_two

Name Web Supervisor > Taters_House_of_Sexual_Pleasures

In Web Supervisor create (2) Niagara stations, Name one > building_one Name the other > building_two.

In "each" Jace create a Niagara station and Name it > Taters_House_of_Sexual_Pleasures

There is nothing named the same here.

By the way this is the Station Name's and they are case sensitive.

Post Likes
    Also make sure there is no firewall at the supervisor blocking the fox port.
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    Name Jace #1 building_one

Name Jace #2 building_two

Name Web Supervisor > Taters_House_of_Sexual_Pleasures

In Web Supervisor create (2) Niagara stations, Name one > building_one Name the other > building_two.

In "each" Jace create a Niagara station and Name it > Taters_House_of_Sexual_Pleasures

There is nothing named the same here.

By the way this is the Station Name's and they are case sensitive.
    Jesus Chris, I thought you meant name them all Taters_House_of_Sexual_Pleasures, my stupidity. They are all named the same in the Niagara network, actually they self discover.

Post Likes
    Jesus Chris, I thought you meant name them all Taters_House_of_Sexual_Pleasures, my stupidity. They are all named the same in the Niagara network, actually they self discover.
    Did you fix? get any further ahead?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lwarren View Post
    Also make sure there is no firewall at the supervisor blocking the fox port.
    I think this is where the problems lies. Both of these sites have restrictions within the IT department, I know for a fact some stuff is blocked, like if I search AOL-mail. Google completes the search but, when I click on it nothing happens. On the other site if I go to another customer's site that is setup for Web page access. The Niagara log in screen appears, I log in, then it attempts to connect, bang the screen goes blank white. I have my WiFi Laptop with me right there, and log-in is no problem.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    Did you fix? get any further ahead?
    I have not been back to those broken sites. I've been on the two little sites I mentioned before, which both worked perfectly. On a note, they had some Trane BacNET cards (BCI_R) best Trane interface card I've seen yet. I had to monkey around with the baud rate with the Trane free TU software but, after that real nice. Also would like to mention the IVP-4 settings and the IVP-6 settings, I used the IVP-4 but the IVP-6 looked good to go, has anybody been using these? Perhaps, another thread would be more appropriate.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in