+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Johnsons or Siemens?

Post Likes

Johnsons or Siemens?

If you received the exact same money from either company...which company would you work for?

Please help me decide.

Post Likes
    Also, which company has a better focus on training? Does Siemens compare to jci in this regard?

Post Likes
    I work for JCI and have been offered jobs with other controls companies and at a few sites; I wouldn't leave unless is was a ridiculous amount of money. A couple guys in our shop are Siemens and they'll tell me how Siemens is ran, etc.. They're roughly the same ... Personally I prefer the JCI graphical programming over Siemens line code and that'd be my deciding factor. JCI generally gives 3-4% annual raises and both systems and service get some sort of additional performance based compensation... Though I heard Siemens is easier to learn. I think another bif factor would be how the branch runs.. Managers can really make a difference. Good luck with your decision.

Post Likes
    I would consider which company had the better financial climate. I would choose the branch with the most guaranteed work. Up here in Alaska, Siemens has the largest school district locked up which creates more work than Johnson has on the books. More work equals more people and less on call time for technicians.

Post Likes
    I agree, the two business models are similar. That would make this the most important, then:

Quote Originally Posted by chas_md View Post
    I think another big factor would be how the branch runs.. Managers can really make a difference. Good luck with your decision.
    How did the interview go? Did you have the opportunity to meet the people you'll be working with? Did you actually interview with THE manager? You'll have to trust your gut, or pray about it!

.ja.

Post Likes
    Haha Mr G, i'll start praying Yes I talked with the manager briefly over the phone. Seems alright.
    chas, that's interesting. I thought both Siemens and JCI left line by line coding in the past. JCI has an edge in their software then?
    the work is plentiful simux, that's the advantage of living in a large city. opportunities abound.
    thanks for the advice and comments. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything in making my decision. Both companies sound alright, as so many have said before, just depends on your immediate manager. crossing my fingers. thanks again

Post Likes
    As with any company, the experience depends heavily on your coworkers and direct manager. Products are products, they will each have their pros and cons; bugs and fixes. People make the difference.

Post Likes
    RUN
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by berg2666 View Post
    RUN
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACControlTech View Post
    As with any company, the experience depends heavily on your coworkers and direct manager. Products are products, they will each have their pros and cons; bugs and fixes. People make the difference.
    exactly my thougths.... i have worn many hats over the years... siemens, JCI, Andover.. the product is only as good as the people that deliver it to the customer. !!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in