Thread: Hello

Post Likes

Hello

Hello All. I'm going into A/C, Heating and Refrige program next month. Brand new start-career change. I like to know as much as I can as this could be my next field of employment not to mention my know how to adjust these things in my own home or a friend/family

Greetings.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Welcome here!

Students qualify for Pro Membership so all you need is 15 posts and send in an application. That gets you access to all the good stuff in the pro section.

Post Likes
    Welcome and good luck with school.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

Post Likes
    welcome

and you'll be sorry for working on family & friends equipment, they'll expect it for free
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Hello

I have an interesting issue. I have a Tempstar heat pump [2002]. Today I decided to do a 2-for-1 job on MY unit: add a hard start kit to start capacitor and general hose down with garden house on the outdoor coil inside. I covered all the connections that have a curret wire running in it[hard wires]. First thing first... i know the hard start kit worked cuz i briefly tested it but turning the power back on and running a quick run on the indoor thermostat. after that I covered the things like RVS component and other eletrically runned parts with a brand new garbage bag. i triple check to make sure nothing important gets wet while i just clean the outdoor coil and the bottom drainage sunken areas to run the water out... now..... here comes the interesting part.... i simply put the outdoor fan motor back on top in the same way it came off by facing the 3 wires connect by the white plastic connector that will carry the connection to the board... i waited apx. about 45 minutes to an hour before re-starting... ....... now i use the thermostate in either heat or on.... i hear and feel the energy of the fan motor and it is getting hot but it won't turn... i am thinking a voltmeter check is needed for the voltage going thru the contactor or relay....but the board and relay are outside of the outdoor coil unit and in this case would for sure not get wet....... i think I remember that when calling for cool on thermostat on heat pump the outdoor fan unit comes on last and go off first depending on thermostat selection... but i think the fan motor is getting to hot... my question now is how long I wait until that outdoor fan motor turns?????????? The inddor fan motor is fine and comes on.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by B.B. View Post
    Hello

I have an interesting issue. I have a Tempstar heat pump [2002]. Today I decided to do a 2-for-1 job on MY unit: add a hard start kit to start capacitor and general hose down with garden house on the outdoor coil inside. I covered all the connections that have a curret wire running in it[hard wires]. First thing first... i know the hard start kit worked cuz i briefly tested it but turning the power back on and running a quick run on the indoor thermostat. after that I covered the things like RVS component and other eletrically runned parts with a brand new garbage bag. i triple check to make sure nothing important gets wet while i just clean the outdoor coil and the bottom drainage sunken areas to run the water out... now..... here comes the interesting part.... i simply put the outdoor fan motor back on top in the same way it came off by facing the 3 wires connect by the white plastic connector that will carry the connection to the board... i waited apx. about 45 minutes to an hour before re-starting... ....... now i use the thermostate in either heat or on.... i hear and feel the energy of the fan motor and it is getting hot but it won't turn... i am thinking a voltmeter check is needed for the voltage going thru the contactor or relay....but the board and relay are outside of the outdoor coil unit and in this case would for sure not get wet....... i think I remember that when calling for cool on thermostat on heat pump the outdoor fan unit comes on last and go off first depending on thermostat selection... but i think the fan motor is getting to hot... my question now is how long I wait until that outdoor fan motor turns?????????? The inddor fan motor is fine and comes on.
    Ask your instructor at HVAC school.

We would be glad to help you over in the pro forums. You have had almost 2 years to get the 15 posts required for pro membership.

Post Likes
    15 total posts...okay i understand... so this is post #3.. i need a few more.. I am done with the program....however one aspect i didn't cover was general water cleaning the coil[outdoor] and making sure eletric items remain dry..

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Ask your instructor at HVAC school.

We would be glad to help you over in the pro forums. You have had almost 2 years to get the 15 posts required for pro membership.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by B.B. View Post
    15 total posts...okay i understand... so this is post #3.. i need a few more.. I am done with the program....however one aspect i didn't cover was general water cleaning the coil[outdoor] and making sure eletric items remain dry..
    I don't cover anything when I wash them out. They get rained on all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in