+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: YORK JCI TECHS HELP service simplifaction

Post Likes

YORK JCI TECHS HELP service simplifaction

Any fellow chiller guys, we have service simplifaction coming WTF we were told by James Myle--tt that we wernt making money in chiller department, our branch tells us chillers is the only one making money. Why would you want to change what aint broke... I have heard that james is going to other branches saying the other branches are ok with it... If your branch is already trying this please let us know how it works. If you know a jci chiller tech call him and ask about this crap and post what he says please. I just want the truth cleared up.. They say we complain to much about it, they take are pasion for what we do as whinning, THIS IS OUR BREAD ON THE TABLE. That's why we dont want change that will spin this company even further out of control. Just like nxgen that doesnt work. ISP vendor that is supposed to make it easier doesnt work. Service simplifaction will waste millions more.

Post Likes
    Are you in Dallas?

Post Likes
    So did you really thnk it was going to get better , wait lets try this oh **** that doesn't work lets try this oh **** that doesn't work either , anybody got any idea's Ingenuity Welcome.
    A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.

The best part of going to work is coming back home at the end of the day.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    It's all about a bunch of folks who own an air conditioning company but don't know their butt from third base trying to convince a bunch of wall street investors that don't know their butt from third base that they actually do know.......well, you know........

You're just not seein' the big picture here, scooter - get with the program!! How could a knuckle-draggin' pipefitter like yourself possibly know anything about runnin' a company??!!??

Post Likes
    Klove well said./ Dallas: no, more west

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 9675 View Post
    Klove well said./ Dallas: no, more west
    I'm kinda in the same boat you are the bigger the company seems the financial goals can't be met because of the over head of the corporation.

Post Likes
    You're branch not selling and/or executing at target margins is completely separate from service simplification. One could speculate many different reasons why margins are low.

Service simplification is supposed to be designed to make doing business with Johnson controls easier than it currently is today. There are 3 videos in the service portal that clearly explain the intent behind service simplification. I suggest you watch them and gain an understanding before jumping to conclusions.

If you can't find them have an SOA or Salesmen guide you to the Service Simplification section of the portal.

Post Likes
    Sc#%w Jci, go get a good job, they will never fix their mess.
    A LITTLE BIT OF STUPID GOES A LONG WAY!

Post Likes
    CRASH, what a perfect name, You prove my point all to well you have never been here and cant offer real world help. I have seen the sharpie video on how they make it easier for the (i can count on one hand customers) that have york and metasys together. Have you heard of a company called Honda if i call the car dealer and say i have a problem with my EU2000 they will say what is that. You see i am the customer and i know its a generator so i know i call a generator shop. Same for there motorcycles, same for there personal watercraft. You see sometimes it makes sense to keep seperated. Chiller customers know there plants just as a consumer knows not to take his honda engine lawn mower too the car dealer, The building engineer can make a decision on who to call.
    JCI messed up by taking away york service name, why didnt they get rid of interstate name or optima name, because people who use it relate to it. The people that blew up york emblem cant relate because they had no chiller service experiance and cant reate to it.
    Why not have one number to call for your batteries chiller service ems and car interior because it dont make sense.
    So i say take your brain washed, it works on paper opion somewhere else.

Post Likes
    PS i think it would be cheaper to educate the few customers that have both JCI products then to restructure service department

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    It's all about a bunch of folks who own an air conditioning company but don't know their butt from third base trying to convince a bunch of wall street investors that don't know their butt from third base that they actually do know.......well, you know........

You're just not seein' the big picture here, scooter - get with the program!! How could a knuckle-draggin' pipefitter like yourself possibly know anything about runnin' a company??!!??
    This probably goes for every company that is publicly owned. I only say "probably" in the off chance that a few may actually place customer satisfaction above company stock value. Man,my second sentence looks really naive and ignorant written down.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash87 View Post
    ... There are 3 videos in the service portal that clearly explain the intent behind service simplification. I suggest you watch them and gain an understanding before jumping to conclusions.

If you can't find them have an SOA or Salesmen guide you to the Service Simplification section of the portal.
    I believe that this quote says it all...

(Ol' Crash sounds like he's buckin' for a managers spot at jci, don't he?)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    I believe that this quote says it all...

(Ol' Crash sounds like he's buckin' for a managers spot at jci, don't he?)

Then again he could be a manager already.......

Post Likes
    (Crash) Manager or Non Manager if they don't perform it's just one step closer to the front door , some things never change and this is one company that only cares about it's EBIT not its employee's. Keep Drinking that Kool-Aid

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    JCI continues to make choices that either alienate the customer or the employees. I don't know about the rest of the country, but in our area their service department was a joke prior to the acquisition of York.

Although on the surface they (JCI) seemed to make it look as though York personnel would be running the service department, they soon instituted programs and directives that changed the face of the York International service group. For some reason the suits at JCI think a service department can be run like a plant that makes car interiors. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't work that way. My proof...the mass exodus of skilled and loyal technicians. In our area, everybody worth their salt has left. The ones left are either afraid to leave because their skill set would not fare well in the open market or for the time being they are busy because there is no one else to do the work.

Like klove said they'll keep trying new things wasting more and more company dollars. The NxGen fiasco (for those aren't aware of what it is) was designed to put everything at the technician's finger tips. Time was entered there, inventory control was supposed to be handled there, the web was available (for manuals so one didn't need to carry manuals) plus it was a cellphone. It was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread. It was going to make the job of the technician much easier. The device they choose and the company providing the service totally sucked. The screen was too small to see without a magnifying glass. As an experiment I downloaded a service manual from the company portal...it took 17 minutes. Bottom line, it cost $50 million dollars to implement and my understanding is that they are going to scrap it all and try something else.

I don't think JCI will ever "get" it. My assessment of the company as a whole can be summed up in one word...arrogant.

Post Likes

Confused

Very well said knewyork. Please hold while i call shop to get activity so i can call milwaukee after i call balitomore to make sure the parts are in stock. Thats what i call effieiency! wait the shop is giving me an activity so i can now go get local parts at supply house.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KnewYork View Post
    JCI continues to make choices that either alienate the customer or the employees. I don't know about the rest of the country, but in our area their service department was a joke prior to the acquisition of York.

Although on the surface they (JCI) seemed to make it look as though York personnel would be running the service department, they soon instituted programs and directives that changed the face of the York International service group. For some reason the suits at JCI think a service department can be run like a plant that makes car interiors. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't work that way. My proof...the mass exodus of skilled and loyal technicians. In our area, everybody worth their salt has left. The ones left are either afraid to leave because their skill set would not fare well in the open market or for the time being they are busy because there is no one else to do the work.

Like klove said they'll keep trying new things wasting more and more company dollars. The NxGen fiasco (for those aren't aware of what it is) was designed to put everything at the technician's finger tips. Time was entered there, inventory control was supposed to be handled there, the web was available (for manuals so one didn't need to carry manuals) plus it was a cellphone. It was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread. It was going to make the job of the technician much easier. The device they choose and the company providing the service totally sucked. The screen was too small to see without a magnifying glass. As an experiment I downloaded a service manual from the company portal...it took 17 minutes. Bottom line, it cost $50 million dollars to implement and my understanding is that they are going to scrap it all and try something else.

I don't think JCI will ever "get" it. My assessment of the company as a whole can be summed up in one word...arrogant.
    YEP

Post Likes
    That's more a ball and chain the faster you want go the slower the speed end result crawl like a snail.

Post Likes
    Like the blue oval went downhill when UTI bought them
    they are in the buisness of producing 'x' number of widgets, that is calculated to return a "x' number to the investor.
    Chiller work is too cyclical and unpredictable.
    \m/
    original member of the racoon brotherhood

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heavymetaldad View Post
    ...Chiller work is too cyclical and unpredictable.
    well said...even my branch manger (who was a controls guy) said that you can't do it like JCI wants it done due to the nature of the business.

i have seen the video and i am excited about it, but it was much more 'theory' than application or execution. i didn't see much about a timeline for starting or anything like that...some of the key points i did like...we will have to wait and see.

as for NxGen, i like it the more that i use it, however, i use it on my laptop...not the motorola device. to me it seemed like they spent a lot of money on trying to get the motorola things right, then by the time they did, technology had passed up the device and they weren't willing to go back. trane did that with the CH530 platform...a serial port? we are supposed to get iphones in the future and get rid of the brick. then if it breaks, just go to an apple store for a repair...i don't have mine yet so i am not holding my breath.

i know many of you here went through the 'transition' period (for lack of a better term that we can print ) and it sounds as if it was rough and i believe that it was. but it seems as if some things have changed...at least at my branch they have...maybe we are special cause we wear the JCI underwear!

i wonder how many ex-york techs are jaded because the transition was handled so poorly 'versus' JCI is just considered backwards. i am not trying to start a flame war or anything like that...just curious, as my time and viewpoint on the issue is pretty limited.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in