+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New gas grill

Post Likes

New gas grill

I'm looking for a new gas grill. I like the looks of the Weber Summit 660 {if I remember the number right}. Any one have experience, seen something better, buy 4 cheap ones instead of one expensive one.

All opinions welcome.

Post Likes
    I recently bought a Weber Genisis 330 special edition. It is a great grill not as big as the 660 but it sure cooks great. These are the grills that you should purchase early in life, however the price scares you away, It is heavy, well built and you can get replacement parts and accessories. This is the grill you need to use 275 times a year, you have to eat out once in awhile.
    In GOD We Trust

Post Likes
    If you are want to buy a grill you should buy Broil-King Monarch 40 that delivers both high, heat and gives you a lot of control. It might not look modern but Broil King has been making great grills for years. This model will give you plenty of space at 350 square inches or primary cooking area and a total of 520 square inches.

Post Likes
    weber,weber,weber
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

We have freedom because somebody fought for it.
    We keep it because we are willing to fight for it.
    We lose it because we are not willing to fight for it.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    I used to have a great Broil Master but it was post mounted and stayed with the house. A few years ago I wanted another Broil Master but bought a Broilmaster Superb in all stainless steel. It has become a rusty burned out pos since then. I do know that I would never again buy a stainless steel grille but what about Broil Master's P Series ? A P3 maybe?

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by edenbisdee7215 View Post
    If you are want to buy a grill you should buy Broil-King Monarch 40 that delivers both high, heat and gives you a lot of control. It might not look modern but Broil King has been making great grills for years. This model will give you plenty of space at 350 square inches or primary cooking area and a total of 520 square inches.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    I purchased the Weber Summit 670, Nat Gas grill. Wow, I have never cooked on a grill as well as this one cooks. Great color, great flavor, cleans easy, have not had a big problem with food sticking, great temperature control. It has 6-10,000 btu burners, 1 searing burner, a burner for the smoke box, and a rotisserie infered burner. The only downside is the warming rack, it just doesn't seem like it's built heavy enough and would be nice if it was wider. On my old grill I would put a pan of beans up there while cooking burgers. This one won't hold it, at least not to where I would trust it and close the lid. It is pricy but worth it, I think.

Post Likes
    I bought an older pristine Weber Silver. Little old lady owned it. She passed and bought it from an estate sale. It looked like it was only used a couple of times. I got it for $125. I can say that compared to the other low to mid level grills I have owned, Weber is worth it even at retail prices.

[B][SIZE=2] CENTER]I no longer identify as a conspiracy theorist. You may now refer to me as “That guy that was always right”.

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in