+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How NOT to install commercial package units...

Post Likes
    I recognize a couple stickers on those units that tell what store they are for.

Its a shame that store has those units installed like that, they are a good customer and pay for everything to get it fixed right.

Post Likes
    makes you wonder if they got the supply and returns right? I guess it don't make any diff. they wouldn't know the diff. anyway.
    a stupid question is a question you wont to ask, but don't

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by XcelTech View Post
    Cause Copper thieves can't climb the wood scaffold?
    Thats AWESOME I spit RedBull all over the CPU. I was Thinking the same thing!

This has to be the worst install of Brand New RTU I have ever seen.
    I would have pput units on the ground. Used my metal $ to build cages over the Crackhead $ making parts and be done with it. Then put in a barcad so trucks can't hit them either. Would be safe and pass inspection.

I went to Kentucky ounce when I was a lil fellow and all I rember was the locals drinking out of some spring that tasted like sulfur. They all thought it tasted good Not me. maybe it's in the water.

Post Likes
    I would service those ...with a boom lift .... Piss on their wood scaffold of death and a ladder is out of the question .

So all they need is a long term lease on a boom lift and we have got a deal.

Post Likes
    WOW.... Triple Time Service Fees ONLY on this one. What a JOKE.

Post Likes
    It looks like duct board too! that will fall apart in the rain and snow in no time. An inspector should NEVER have even given them a temporary on that! All it takes is someone to drive or back into a post and the unit could fall onto the vehicle and kill someone. Totally nuts!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgibbs View Post
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Why didn't they put them on the ground and run duct work up outside of wall?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    I spit RedBull all over the CPU.
    How did you manage that, mine is inside the system unit tower hidden underneath the water-block/pump.
    To get the degree symbol ° on Windows hold down the Alt key and type 0176 or 248 on the keyboard number pad. It is also available via the character map, and on Windows 8.1 devices with a touchscreen via the on screen keyboard.

There is no "E" in either BluVac or Blu-ray Disc.

If you are the type where the painting is more important than the frame, or you just like movies, join me in listening to the widescreen.org podcast.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by danielthechskid View Post
    How did you manage that, mine is inside the system unit tower hidden underneath the water-block/pump.
    He's on Wi-Fi
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Post Likes
    I recognize a couple stickers on those units that tell what store they are for.

Its a shame that store has those units installed like that, they are a good customer and pay for everything to get it fixed right.
    You are correct y7turbo, and they are an excellent customer, they asked our opinion, and I told them they should either get the installing contractor to put them on the ground correctly installed, or we would be glad to do it.

This is certainly not the type of installation they usually have on new store buildouts.

Post Likes
    Unreal, even if they are still temporary. Someone could have came up with a better plan than that!!

Post Likes
    Hey Outcast, where in Somerset is this? I will be in town in a few days and would like to see this mess with my own 4 eyes

Post Likes
    Just as bad as some at a Dollartree store in Miami, Ok. I'll have to find the pic. At least those had a platform to stand on.

Post Likes
    Temporary.
    So if a kid goes on top of the unit to repair condenser fan motor and falls off, gets killed.
    Its only temporary?
    ENJOY THE RIDE

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Peztoy View Post
    Temporary.
    So if a kid goes on top of the unit to repair condenser fan motor and falls off, gets killed.
    Its only temporary?
    Thats morbid..let's just say he breaks his leg. Then he can splint it with the platform leg.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Orange County, in a Galaxy far far away...
    Post Likes
    WOW... words fail me.

It would've taken less effort to put them on ground, build a cage and install bollards in front of them. Much safer and cheaper to service in the long run.
    You cannot cheat an honest man. But that doesn't stop people trying!

Post Likes
    Its only due to the fact that those units are new do those pics look good. Otherwise, the potential liability of someone getting hurt, or even killed, would make one believe that this is the most unsafe install ever seen. I don't care who I work for, I would not even consider working on those units. Too much to consider: wood deteriorating, vehicle slamming into a support, slip and fall, drop a tool on someone, disconnect location, etc. Add a ladder and the potential increases! At least they have a "safety chain" on edge of platform (I guess that satisfied the local inspector.) Would not fly at all in these parts.
    Psalm 51:10, 12

Post Likes
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ldmth44 View Post
    Its only due to the fact that those units are new do those pics look good. Otherwise, the potential liability of someone getting hurt, or even killed, would make one believe that this is the most unsafe install ever seen. I don't care who I work for, I would not even consider working on those units. Too much to consider: wood deteriorating, vehicle slamming into a support, slip and fall, drop a tool on someone, disconnect location, etc. Add a ladder and the potential increases! At least they have a "safety chain" on edge of platform (I guess that satisfied the local inspector.) Would not fly at all in these parts.
    You forgot bees/wasps. Just imagine you open up a panel on a nest. Where you gonna go?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    You forgot bees/wasps. Just imagine you open up a panel on a nest. Where you gonna go?
    DOWN!!!
    Psalm 51:10, 12

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in