+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ball of ice

Post Likes

ball of ice

new problem, i have a retail customer with several 5 door ice cream cases. they are using a small rack system {protocol} with eprs on the frozen bunkers only. One of the 4 ice cream cases has a ball of ice that keeps building up arround the txv. It takes about 10 days to start becoming noticable and i have defrosted it for the third time. the doors all shut ok, the gaskets are new, and i haven't found any other access for air to leak in. this case is allong side of another just like it that does not have any build up. they are back to back with two medium temp cases and the other two ice cream cases are across the isle. The defrost is set for 4 per day and 22 min. long each. they are electric defrost and staggered with the other cases so that only one is in defrost at a time. the heaters all work and i have disconnected the early termination stat for this case but that did not seam to have any effect. An "educated engineer" from H P suggested " put a heat tape there". Anybody with a better idea?

Post Likes
    Check and adjust sh to 4-6 degrees area... But first I would pump that circuit down and clean the txv screen.

Does the ice cause the case to run warm??

Post Likes
    Ok, kind of hard to decipher what you're talking about.

You've got a 5 door ice cream case that the TEV is turning into a ball of ice.

It's electric defrost 4x daily for 22 minutes?

#1. Set the TEV and do as Dchappa suggested.

#2. Why do you need 4 electric defrosts? That's an unusual setup, in my experience. Door cases typically only need one defrost daily and an electric defrost typically wants to be longer than that.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by refrigeration johnny View Post
    An "educated engineer" from H P suggested " put a heat tape there". Anybody with a better idea?
    BUAHAHAHA that's awesome!

Hill Penis
    Negligence

Post Likes
    Sounds like the HP engineer must have worked at Source or one of those other slacker companies...

Post Likes
    Interpret: (4) five door low temp cases with epr valves. Not sure: the med temp are/are not on the same system. Question: refrigerant type, sight glass status, is this rack on heat reclaim, and as stated above (SH on all four cases).
    Has it had this problem before? yes-what has been done (even if it didn't work), no-what changed.
    If these have DTS's then lengthen the time as JP pointed out, let the temp terminate.
    TXV screen blockage is a strong possibilty (Dchappa), as is an insufficient charge.
    HP=HewlettPackard? hahaha

Post Likes
    Interpret: (4) five door low temp cases with epr valves. Not sure: the med temp are/are not on the same system. Question: refrigerant type, sight glass status, is this rack on heat reclaim, and as stated above (SH on all four cases).
    Has it had this problem before? yes-what has been done (even if it didn't work), no-what changed.
    If these have DTS's then lengthen the time as JP pointed out, let the temp terminate.
    TXV screen blockage is a strong possibilty (Dchappa), as is an insufficient charge.
    HP=HewlettPackard?
    why the double post?

Post Likes
    Wanna see she this goes.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Icanfixitall View Post
    Sounds like the HP engineer must have worked at Source or one of those other slacker companies...
    The I wonder if this guy runs his gas furnace while his ac is running to keep it from freezing up......

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in